Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Crew VALUE vs Wakesiderides

doughickey

OK, but let's just keep in mind this site wouldn't be here at all without WSR (MBO)...

Exactly. I visit and post at both. Yes, I do spend more time over here of late, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up on MBO.

Jeff

Your originating post was not seen as a negative to the reasonably intelligent mind.

However, the unreasonably intelligent mind might differ with my view... :)

Doug, I wasn't referring to your post. I was referring to a whole collection of posts from the community on that subject, some of which come across as kindof negative. Sorry for the confusion. I know how easy it is to confuse a Canuck. :)

I don't think it was seen as negative as much as a chance to get an expression off their chest. As it was mentioned above, the two sites are here to serve two not entirely different segments of our industry. TMC is still the "Grass Roots" of the forums and WSR is trying to get more involved with the indusrty as a whole. Both have their places. We as prior MBO members like the grass roots approach very much, Thank You, but we still like some of what WSR offers too. Both sites will survive in their own right. Remember the "other" boat owners never had anything as good as MBO to compare to. We are very lucky, IMO, to have been a part of the old MBO and we have Jason to partly thank for that. Jason has very good foresight for these types of things and he will have success at Wakeside. It will come slowly though, just like the old site did. He has a lot of resources available to him to make sure that happens and I truly think it will.

I wonder how this change would have gone down if he hadn't of handled it the way he did. We as Mods knew what was coming and knew that it wouldn't be accepted well with the way the change was to be done, hence themalibucrew.com. Jason told me over a year ago that Wakeside was trying to get MBO so I know it was not a quick idea for him. I just blew it off because it was during the time we were having trouble with the site shutting down. I didn't think there was any way that Jason would sell out. I always thought that Jason could have made a good amount of $$ through the site with more ads and selling MBO gear, stickers etc. One of Jason's downfalls on the old site was he tried to handle too much by himself, he was a little over whelmed with the school work and MBO. He did very well with the things he had time for. He had good ideas but didn't always follow through. Remember the towels, the stickers and on & on. It was hard on the membership and was hard on the Mods as well.

I don't think anyone is really mad at Jason, there are a few that are interested in a refund for their money that didn't feel they got their money's worth. Some of them were new members. Some of them were in the process of buying their first boat and got WAY more information in the 30-45 days before the change than $50 should buy.

I personaly think everyone on this site should PM Jason and thank him for the hard work he has done in the past and wish him well in his new project. He deserves it in my book. Jason is a Stand Up good guy. I've never met him face to face but I'm proud to call him my friend.

I personaly think everyone on this site should PM Jason and thank him for the hard work he has done in the past and wish him well in his new project. He deserves it in my book. Jason is a Stand Up good guy. I've never met him face to face but I'm proud to call him my friend.

I think quite a few of us have clearly thanked him for his efforts in the past. I still post and pay attention to WSR mostly for Jason. It will be a good forum for Inboard ski boat owners and the overall boating industry but it won't ever have the community feel that TMC does. I hope both succeed.

The long way of saying "nicely said". :-)

Jeff/AirChair1

Jim,

Think of it as a cover charge to your favorite bar (not that I go to bars)...(not that there's anything wrong with going to bars) verses no cover charge to get into Fred Meyers....Of course I was given a refund of my cover charge because of a fight I had with the bouncer (Man that girl (did I say girl?) packs a punch,...Ouch) so now I'm back in the bar without paying my cover charge for fear of getting bounced the first time I innocently hit someone over the head with my Bible. (a large hard Niv version)...Go figure.

Cheers... Cheers.gif

Nice work, Doug.

:)Biggrin.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

I'll put fifty bucks on the girl.

Edited by brazosvet

What I really mean is Excellent Metaphor 04wlsv. Rockon.gif

Edited by brazosvet

Good Post Ronnie.

Very well put Ronnie. I have met Jason and therefore know that he i a great person and also consider him a good friend and he knows whenever in my area he's got a pull anytime Rockon.gif

To Jason's continued success.... Cheers.gif

I agree, we all owe Jason a big thanks for all he's done for us. He's always taken the high road, and has been quite a gentleman. I've never met him, but can tell he's the kind of person we'd all like to call our friend.

I hope him the best success at WSR. I fear, however, it is not growing as fast as he/they may have believed. If you take a look at the non-Malibu boat participation, not much growth. Will take time. For Jason's sake, I hope WSR has patience.

Separate from "growth", the day to day traffic is also down a lot from what he/they expected. Let's face it, if "The Crew" had not been formed, we'd all likely be over at WSR right now. Which means the "traffic" here has really caused a HUGE drop in expected traffic over there. Sure, many of us visit both sites. But, I've probably posted over there 1/10 of my activity here since The Crew started. (In fact, I find I post some of the good stuff from here..... to over there.)

Nothing stands still. Things change. Who knows, WSR may eventually get impatient with the lack of growth, may have underestimated the transfer of the former MBO members to The Crew, and eventually pull the plug on their project.

That said, we may get our good buddy Jason back again.

Never say Never!

Edited by doughickey
Or they'll make another offer that can't be refused.

Tracie and the gang. Please don't sell out on us! Will sound like somebody's suggestion of DejaBu.

Otherwise, we may have to start "another" grass roots website. Ad infinitum.

Believe me, I don't think that there is any danger of that happening. Besides, we've got paying members to keep happy, & that most definitely would not accomplish that goal. I'd be more worried if I were a die-hard member of Tigeowners or PlanetNautique (although Luke is a cool guy & I don't get the impression from him that that would happen).

Edited by WakeGirl
OK, but let's just keep in mind this site wouldn't be here at all without WSR (MBO)...

No need to be bashing anybody.  But, if there's any resentment, it's because people feel used.  However, If it weren't for MBO & WSR, there wouldn't be TMC.

I would not argue with anyone's comments on Jason or his efforts. I would however, respectfully request that no one talk about WSR and MBO as if they are one in the same. They are not and never will be.

I knew MBO, MBO was a friend of mine, and you, WSR, are no MBO.

I knew MBO, MBO was a friend of mine, and you, WSR, are no MBO

I here you on that one loudoc, not to say I hate WSR because it is good for one thing....looking up old posts from MBO.