Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Crew VALUE vs Wakesiderides

doughickey

I just did a ONE thread comparison between Wakesiderides and TheMalibuCrew. The results are quite impressive. Period between April 11 and May 3

I looked at a topic that was being discussed on BOTH websites at the same time. It was a "Prop comparison".

The Wakesiderides topic " Malibu Prop What is Best" was started April 12.

TheMalibucrew topic "ACME 13 X 12 vs OJ XMP 13 X 12" was started April 11.

Very similar topic, almost identicle time frames. Look at the difference, and it's obvious which website offers the most value for its members.

Wakesiderides:

Number of viewers of the thread: 162

Number of replies to the thread: 6

TheMalibuCrew:

Number of viewers of the thread: 1204

Number of replies to the thread: 92

TheMalibuCrew had 7X the traffic and 15 times the replies.

Real easy to see which site has more to offer its members.

Tracie and the gang.... thanks so much for making this happen !!!

Edited by doughickey
I just did a ONE thread comparison between Wakesiderides and TheMalibuCrew. The results are quite impressive. Period between April 11 and May 3

I looked at a topic that was being discussed on BOTH websites at the same time. It was a "Prop comparison".

The Wakesiderides topic " Malibu Prop What is Best" was started April 12.

TheMalibucrew topic "ACME 13 X 12 vs OJ XMP 13 X 12" was started April 11.

Very similar topic, almost identicle time frames. Look at the difference, and it's obvious which website offers the most value for its members.

Wakesiderides:

Number of viewers of the thread: 162

Number of replies to the thread: 6

TheMalibuCrew:

Number of viewers of the thread: 1204

Number of replies to the thread: 92

TheMalibuCrew had 7X the traffic and 15 times the replies. 

Real easy to see which site has more to offer its members.

Tracie and the gang.... thanks so much for making this happen !!!

I have never visited their site but knowing what I know about the folks on this site the answers that were given here were probably more proportionately correct as well

Edited by LS-One

Wow, I knew the site was getting traffic but that's an amazing statistic. We're starting to hit the search engines & we've got some people that are advising us on how to refine that a bit so that we come up a bit in the rankings. And then when we get our link from Malibu....:)

Really they are completely different sites now.

WSR is trying to appeal to a much larger audience. And I believe over time it will.

The Crew appeals really to just Bu owners - granted there are and have been other make owners, and non-boat owners involved. But 99% are Bu enthusiasts.

I detect more than just a hint of resentment in a lot of the posting I see here regarding WSR. I think we should just wish Jason the best and leave it at that. I see no real need to be constantly comparing the sites/bashing WSR... Bash.gif

I detect more than just a hint of resentment in a lot of the posting I see here regarding WSR.  I think we should just wish Jason the best and leave it at that.  I see no real need to be constantly comparing the sites/bashing WSR... Bash.gif

Agreed. Let's move on.

Either they both will be successful or they won't. Only time will tell.

No need to be bashing anybody. But, if there's any resentment, it's because people feel used. However, If it weren't for MBO & WSR, there wouldn't be TMC.

I go there from time to time, less and less it seems. It just seems more difficult to navigate over there, and I'm frequently having the re-log in using the password they gave me, which I have to have e-mailed to me, as it is difficult to remember.

I detect more than just a hint of resentment in a lot of the posting I see here regarding WSR.  I think we should just wish Jason the best and leave it at that.  I see no real need to be constantly comparing the sites/bashing WSR... Bash.gif

My sentiments exactly.

I agree. I admit I was bitter until Jason refunded my contribution to the old site. I don't think WSR will be my cup of tea, but I have no hard feelings.

um, referring to "value", WSR is a greater "value" since its completely free to users. I realize this site is free (to a certain extent) too, but you also have the option to contribute to get greater features. So, if I take a $25 contribution, and divide it by thos 92 posts, its a reasonable $.27 per post. But if I take $0 and divide it by 6, I still get $0. I know, I'm just being nitpicky about the word "value"....

I like both sites, and frequent them both.

Jim,

Think of it as a cover charge to your favorite bar (not that I go to bars)...(not that there's anything wrong with going to bars) verses no cover charge to get into Fred Meyers....Of course I was given a refund of my cover charge because of a fight I had with the bouncer (Man that girl (did I say girl?) packs a punch,...Ouch) so now I'm back in the bar without paying my cover charge for fear of getting bounced the first time I innocently hit someone over the head with my Bible. (a large hard Niv version)...Go figure.

Cheers... Cheers.gif

Nice work, Doug.

Holy mackeral... this was not a WSR bashing exercise folks. It was not a jab at Jason. It was not resentment. It was appreciation! Why was this seen as negative? And how can you argue with the statistics. If you have a question.... where's the best place to ask. Why is that negative?

To those who thought it was something negative, my apologies..... but frankly, I think you missed my point.

My objectives were twofold, using an interesting 1:1 comparison of a single topic.

1/ I have limited time to devote to cruising websites. I'd like to go where I get the most benefit. This was simply a snapshot of 1 subject. For somebody who wanted some advice on "which prop", the point was really which place might provide more assistance in someone trying to research a topic.

2/ It was a "congratulations" to Tracie and the other folks who got this site resurrected, to enable us to have this much fun and get this kind of dialogue going.

And the key word here is "resurrected". Yes, Jason built the foundation.

If Tracie is going to try and get "Group Buys" lined up, she needs "something" to use as evidence of "traffic". For example, if she was going to try and negotiate a deal with a supplier for props or ski gloves or whatever.... don't you think a set of statistics like this would help her.... and us?

Not bashing. Just trying to help.

Edited by doughickey

Good point Doug. I didn't think you were bashing, just pointing out how well this site is doing. For Malibu owners, this is the site and we have Tracey to thank for that.

Doug,

I didn't detect any negativity in your original post. Some of the subsequent posts though used it as a platform to take a jab at WSR.

I'm sure most readers would take your post for what it was, an expression of appreciation for what this site offers.

Edited by John I.
Good point Doug.  I didn't think you were bashing, just pointing out how well this site is doing.  For Malibu owners, this is the site and we have Tracey to thank for that.

Thank you everyone for the kind words, but please spread the thanks around. The rest of the team was absolutely essential in getting this up & running. There is no way that I could have done it myself in the time we had.

I agree on the site bashing, but I didn't think from the outset that that was Doug's intent. For myself I was just surprised at our numbers, taken alone - that's good traffic for any site & considering that we're a month old.... Yahoo.gif The comparison between the 2 sites is inevitable I suppose, but they're fundamentally different sites. WSR will eventually be larger than we can ever hope for this site to achieve, I don't think that there's any doubt about that. It also offers a lot of things such as news articles & other things that we have no plans for at the present. We want the strength & core of this site to remain with the forums & community. I'm not entirely sure that that will happen on WSR & even if it does it is & will continue to be a bad comparison with this site, apples & oranges so to speak.

I personally dont get the attitudes of some about bashing or not bashing. I did not read this thread as a bashing thread, but if it was so what. If somebody wants to bash its there right. Sometimes people or actions need a litttle bashing. Some actually deserve a lot more bashing then they get.