Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 'Bu Owner Here!

meb885

1313 is 13" diameter and 13" pitch, with a 1.25" drive shaft. That is just the specs of the size, not the manufacturer, or material (SS/Brass) I am surprised the don't also indicate LH or RH for prop rotation. Call the repair shop and see if they can order you an ACME brand, the insurance probably won't care if the price is close.

1313 is 13" diameter and 13" pitch, with a 1.25" drive shaft. That is just the specs of the size, not the manufacturer, or material (SS/Brass) I am surprised the don't also indicate LH or RH for prop rotation. Call the repair shop and see if they can order you an ACME brand, the insurance probably won't care if the price is close.

should be back in the water (technically) today (Friday) by about Noon...this makes me extremely happy. oh and i finally got my hands on the estimate/repair order and it is as follows:

1-Propshaft 45x 1 1/8- $289

1- Propeller Acme 425 -$421

1- Strut W/ Bearings 1 1/8-$199

1- Rope Packing- $10

11- Labor 80/hr- $880

Sales Tax- $55.14

Total: $1,854.14

Expensive 10 minutes on the lake....good think i have a certified check from my insurance made out to Skiers Pier and everything will be ready to go tomorrow morning.

-Mark

and an Acme 425 is a 13 X 13, your repair shop did the right thing for you.

You should try to keep your old prop, may be repairable enough for a spare, or at least makes a good wall hanger to remind you of your first day with the new boat.

and an Acme 425 is a 13 X 13, your repair shop did the right thing for you.

You should try to keep your old prop, may be repairable enough for a spare, or at least makes a good wall hanger to remind you of your first day with the new boat.

If unrepairable, make a clock out of it.

Cool idea with the clock, you could take part of the drive shaft, run it thru the strutt to hold the shaft in position and have the prop (clock) on the shaft and use it as a desk clock. OK, a big desk clock. Guess you might have to cut the threaded part of the shaft off if the clock is in the hub part of the prop. But, even without the clock the whole rig might make a cool conversation piece.