Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rope caught in shaft, works ok but...

The rope got caught in the prop shaft and wedged into the metal arm that holds it. The boat seems to run and drive ok but i'm not happy with leaving a hank of ropewedge between the prop shaft and the arm, what do i need to do to free it? many thanks in advance for the good advice! Crazy.gif

If you tried to use a knife and cut it off and couldn't get it off for some reason, you may have to pull the prop. If so, do a search and you'll find info on pulling a prop off.

You guys are great! The knife thing is really funny about 5 more times would be helpful. The part about the rope stuck into the prop shaft and arm area must have been overlooked Surprised.gif Thanks there is one of you guy tha actually had decent advice.

You guys are great! The knife thing is really funny about 5 more times would be helpful. The part about the rope stuck into the prop shaft and arm area must have been overlooked Surprised.gif Thanks there is one of you guy tha actually had decent advice.

Yah gotta admit it was funny :lol:

I would try using a 90 degree pick or maybe even a simple ice pick. If you unable to remove it all from the teflon bearing inside your prop strut, I probably wouldn't sweat it to bad. Its definitely not worth pulling your drive shaft. :)

Yah gotta admit it was funny :lol:

I would try using a 90 degree pick or maybe even a simple ice pick. If you unable to remove it all from the teflon bearing inside your prop strut, I probably wouldn't sweat it to bad. Its definitely not worth pulling your drive shaft. :)

Thank you that was greatly appreciated!!!

OK..I'll admit that I once sucked up a ski rope with my Berkeley Jet Drive. What a mess...I used a propane torch to melt it off the shaft.