Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hows your F150 holding up?

isellacuras

I like driving by the dealers repair shops locally and seeing who has the most trucks in line for repairs. That and having friends that are mechanics at dealers have been a big factor in what I buy.

On 7/21/2017 at 9:07 PM, mrnate450r said:

I rolled 140k this week on my 2013. I will roll 141k next week. I love my truck. I really want a 2017 Limited, but they are quite proud of them. I will probably end up with another Platinum. 

Is the Limited a higher level than the Platinum?  Or is Limited between a Lariat and a Platinum?

22 minutes ago, nyryan2001 said:

Is the Limited a higher level than the Platinum?  Or is Limited between a Lariat and a Platinum?

Lariat, limited, platinum. I think 

Limited is the top of the line.  MSRP starts at $60k.  Platinum MSRP starts at $53k.  The Limited's have more standard features, which inflates that starting MSRP though.

On 7/8/2017 at 9:52 PM, Cole2001 said:

I'm at a surf comp right now and one of the dealers brought down a tige rzx and towed it with a lariat f150 and it was not handling it well. Not sure which engine it had, I'm guessing the big Eco boost, and it also had small lift. The back end when loaded down with that monster, it was weighed down so low it was insane and it was just swaying around. Not as bad as the fuel consumption, he went through a full tank within 250km of uphill highways:cry:

On 7/17/2017 at 8:37 PM, wheelman said:

I call bs on the 250km. I scaled my ri and I'm 8500lbs on the trailer lake ready and I just towed the #3 to osoyoos with my 3.5 ecoboost lifted with 35's and I did the 400km trip on one tank of fuel with about 20 litres left over. I'm also doing 120 up the slide hill so I'm not taking it easy. I have air bags in the back of mine and it's the. Eat truck I've ever towed with and I've had them all. 

You both could be right.  There is more than 1 size fuel tank for the F150.

The Ford technicians choosing the 5.0 based on towing power must not understand the eco.   3.5 Eco would destroy a 5.0 in towing.  That's faulty logic.  Yes the 5.0 performs very well, but not close in pulling to the Eco.

however fully understand the techs choosing the 5.0 based on reliability and simplicity.

1 hour ago, RyanB said:

In Canada they all come with the big 36 gallon tank. No option for tanks like states 

• Like 2

That is odd. In the F-150 the Limited is  showing to be the top package. Now I am looking at 2017 build. In the other lines the Platinum is the top package.

4 minutes ago, surfdude said:

Still haven't got the Raptor back. It's been at the dealer since July 3rd. 

That sucks.  Your trans problem and towing experience definitely scared me off from getting one now.

3 hours ago, surfdude said:

Still haven't got the Raptor back. It's been at the dealer since July 3rd. 

Have they given you any indication what the problem may be? Is Ford corporate involved? I want a 2017 for the 10 speed trans and the new Ecoboost. I hope they get it sorted out soon! 

On 7/23/2017 at 1:22 PM, RyanB said:

if you buy one the 36gal is a MUST... love filling up and seeing 620-640 mi before empty... lot less trips to the pump for sure! and if you pull your boat a lot its a must.

i cant speak highly enough about a loaded Plat, with FX4 package,

gate step is sweet! along with the side pop out steps

10-speed trans is AWESOME  with the eco-boost, Major pickup!!... blows my wifes denali out of the water and that thing has 420hp, i like how they also add a Sport / tow mode... sport mode is fun!

Edited by The Hulk
14 hours ago, nyryan2001 said:

Yep, Limited MSRP starts higher than Platinum MSRP.... at least for 2017.  Which is why I asked.  I always thought Limited was like a Lariat++.

i thought the limited means NO other options ie (all options) ?

one thing i DONT like on some Limiteds i see is the larger 22" rims and hardly any tire. the Plat comes standard with the 20's which i think is perfect. 22s would be rough

the loaded plats with panoramic moon roof...only way to go!

i was deciding between a loaded up lariat vs the plat. the dealer and i could NOT find any differences (other than apperances) but i found out the massaging seats and some of the color changing mood lighting features are slightly different after the fact, are there any differences on the limited vs fully loaded plats that any of you know of? besides possibly the 22" vs 20" rims?

Edited by The Hulk
12 hours ago, mrnate450r said:

Have they given you any indication what the problem may be? Is Ford corporate involved? I want a 2017 for the 10 speed trans and the new Ecoboost. I hope they get it sorted out soon! 

They can't seem to figure out why the transmission occasionally heats up and pukes oil out the vent. Suddenly starts slamming gears. God forbid they put a new transmission in it. I'm really starting to get mad! Unfortunately in our state, if it was purchased under a commercial account, lemon laws don't apply. Already been in the shop for 2 weeks prior to this.

7 minutes ago, surfdude said:

They can't seem to figure out why the transmission occasionally heats up and pukes oil out the vent. Suddenly starts slamming gears. God forbid they put a new transmission in it. I'm really starting to get mad! Unfortunately in our state, if it was purchased under a commercial account, lemon laws don't apply. Already been in the shop for 2 weeks prior to this.

Please tell me they put you in a sweet loaner... like a GT350 or something. 

6 minutes ago, IXFE said:

6 minutes ago, IXFE said:

No loaner cause the dealer doesn't have rentals.offerd to get me a f150 from enterprise commercial rental, not allowed to tow with it, no receiver. I have been using my dads 2012 f150.

15 hours ago, surfdude said:

No loaner cause the dealer doesn't have rentals.offerd to get me a f150 from enterprise commercial rental, not allowed to tow with it, no receiver. I have been using my dads 2012 f150.

Have you purchased a lot of vehicles from this dealer? I would hop into the dealership and have a polite talk with the sales manager. See if they will do something to get you into another truck asap. The transmission is so new the truck probably needs to go back to the engineers anyway. The salesman and sales manager don't have anything to do with service or warranty but they would at least be interested to know how you are being treated back there. A fleet customer that buys a lot of vehicles will be worth going above and beyond to save or you should just find another dealer. 

Get the truck back tomorrow. They swapped out the valve body in the tranny. Took them that long to get the part. So in six months, the truck has been in the shop a total of 37 days. The dealer blames everything on Ford corporate. The next nearest Ford commercial dealer is in Bozeman, 180 miles from here. 

I hope they've given you a pretty dam good curtsey car, but sadly you haven't.    I definitely couldn't do that, I'd be switching brands after a few problems.  

I know you've probably tried but could you not get them to give you some sort of demo truck?

Edited by Cole2001

I hope they get you fixed up, that is exactly why I avoid the first year of anything new. I have been bitten enough times on first year models to hold out a year for bugs to get sorted out. Exactly why I am still driving my 2015 Duramax, scared of the new engine until it has been out a while. That and nobody has a tune available for it yet. My wife wants a new Raptor, but she will have to wait until next year.

Edited by MLBurns

Curious why you have to go to a commercial dealer, especially for a raptor.  My Ram was bought from a fleet dealer but can be taken to any dodge dealer for warranty.

Edited by oldjeep