Sign in to follow this  
TonyCarroll

Power wedge stuck

TonyCarroll

Over the weekend we tried to use the power wedge to surf and it went a quarter of the way down and stopped. The gauge shows it is all the way down but it is not. Now it will not move either up or down and I hear no noise from it at all. Does anyone know what would be causing this.

CedarLakeSkier
Over the weekend we tried to use the power wedge to surf and it went a quarter of the way down and stopped. The gauge shows it is all the way down but it is not. Now it will not move either up or down and I hear no noise from it at all. Does anyone know what would be causing this.

There was another thread on this some time ago, I can't seem to find it. I think it ended up being a blown fuse. If you do a search it should turn up a thread on this.

I believe the power wedge (or at lease some of them) had an in-line fuse and not a fuse in the fuse box. The thread discussed all that.

TonyCarroll

That would explain why I could not find a fuse on the panel. Now all I need to do is find the location of the inline fuse.

Ronnie
Link Here See if you can get any help from this thread.

TonyCarroll
Link Here See if you can get any help from this thread.

I think that must be it I am going to check thank you so much. Even with this little problem I would not give up the power wedge

Stanley Wheelhouse

for what it is worth and not trying to be a smart a** be sure the boat is in forward with the transmission drive engaged before raising the wedge and check your fuses where the hydraulic acutaor wires enter the transom.

TonyCarroll
for what it is worth and not trying to be a smart a** be sure the boat is in forward with the transmission drive engaged before raising the wedge and check your fuses where the hydraulic acutaor wires enter the transom.

boat was in forward at about 1500 RPMS not even getting the alarm that goes off when it is in motion