Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'17 LSV - First Impressions

2THEL8K

Looks great! Took delivery of my boat 2 weeks ago.. launched and headed to the lift in a 3 foot chop. Stuck her on the hoist and there she sits. Dying to try her out but too many things working against me right now.  Soon man soon! Glad to hear your happy! 

Very nice colors. That boat is sexy. See you on the water. Be careful out at Folsom. Water is almost at the high water mark for the year so all the stuff on the shore is about to be floating again. They were out with the tug boats today dragging by granite bay but it's gonna get worse before it gets better. EDH side is waaaaay better than the granite bay side. 

ahopkins22LSV

Great looking boat!

You may want to look into the garage hoop option for the tower. It lowers the profile (don't recall how much), but it might get you enough to not have to take it off every time.

On 5/8/2017 at 1:51 PM, 2THEL8K said:

I was surprised in general how tall this boat is on the trailer even with the tower folded.  I have a 30ft deep garage with an 8ft tall door.  I have to slide the racks off and take off the tower hoop (4 bolts) in order for the boat to fit.  This isn't a big deal, but I was hoping for a little less work getting her in and out.

If you use a bigger drop hitch, you may be able to squeeze it under an 8 foot door.  I do it for my mxz, saves quite a bit of time compared to taking off the racks and hoop (I used to do the same thing).

Thank you all for the compliments, lot's of amazing color combos out there.  We've been out of town this week, so anxious to get home and continue the break in process.

Wasn't aware of the garage hoop, thank you for the heads up, I'll definitely check that out.  Does anyone know if this changes anything with the bimini opening?  Is this a factory option/part, or after market?  I have a drop hitch on the truck and did trying lowering it, still a few damn inches off :-)

I have another question on the locking arms for the tower.  This is more cosmetic than anything else, but in the fully locked position, the handles don't line up.  When we were going through the boat at the dealer and were lowering/raising the tower, one of the handles slipped off the spindle from trying to crank too hard due to the tower not being fully upright.  They "fixed" it by loosening the set screw and repositioning the handle, but they said it's a design thing where there aren't enough splines to line the handles up exactly.  They are off noticeably, so not sure if some other damage was done to the locking mechanism when the handle slipped.  I didn't pay enough attention to the before and after to know if they were more lined up when I first stepped in the boat.  Curious if anyone else has seen this, or if I need to press them to replace one of the mechanisms during my 20 hour.  I also haven't taken the handle off myself yet to explore further.

12 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Very nice colors. That boat is sexy. See you on the water. Be careful out at Folsom. Water is almost at the high water mark for the year so all the stuff on the shore is about to be floating again. They were out with the tug boats today dragging by granite bay but it's gonna get worse before it gets better. EDH side is waaaaay better than the granite bay side. 

No doubt, we went out this past Saturday when it was cold and overcast.  Southfork was clear, some guys skiing/riding up through that whole stretch.  Main part of the lake and Northfork were bad.  Glad to hear they are trying to clean things up.  We use Brown's to launch, it's pretty messy still all over the place. 

You would need to have a new hole put in your bimini for the hoop because it will relocate the tow point.  Pretty easy fix and not having to remove that bar every time would be a huge improvement.