Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chattwake's 2017 Malibu 23 LSV

Chattwake

martinarcher

Congrats man!  Killer boat. I really dig the clean white look along with some darker interior colors.  The floor color contrast is really nice as well.  Looking forward to the surf review as well.  I know Ronnie's 16' I was behind last year certainly did not disappoint!  

The folks at Marine Outfitters are great. I will more than likely buy my next boat from them.

Very nice looking boat! Love the colors! Maybe I'll see you on the water this year

Really like the clean white look, my buddy has a similar '14.  The all white really shows the exterior details well.  

I just made the same transition from a 16 VLX to a 17 LSV. I have been pleasantly surprised at the improvements and how much more I enjoy the boat. I have the exact ballast you have and it surf,s well. I suggest you try a 2277 prop. I think you will be very surprised at how well the prop will work on the boat.

4 hours ago, IXFE said:

It's probably because Chatt is so deep into his Malibu punchcard that they build his boat on that TOP SECRET assembly line where my boats are built... :lol:

Isn't that part of being in the platinum members club?  Officially signed by Jack himself.

• Like 2

Nice look ... congrats.  Can 2nd most of what you said as I'm a few hours (14 to be exact) ahead of you ... but I don't have the experience on Malibu as you have to compare too many things.

guess you/your dealer missed though the same change in the trailer soft grip covering - I have almost the same interior as you do including the brown soft grip flooring but missed to match the trailer to it ?.  Looked up boatmate afterwards to see how much it would cost to change it but decided against ... would be a pain to remove it w/o damaging paint.

Don't forget to get the temp sensor checked/replaced if not already done ... or to make sure dealer has it in stock ?

2 hours ago, Monkeybutt said:

guess you/your dealer missed though the same change in the trailer soft grip covering - I have almost the same interior as you do including the brown soft grip flooring but missed to match the trailer to it ?

My apologies that came across poorly - you may have wanted it this way.

1 hour ago, jb 156 said:

When you decide to flip this one would love a crack at buying it.  Gorgeous boat.

I was strongly considering his Axis A24 a couple years back.  If I were in the market this fall, I would want a shot at it also.  That boat is straight up sexy.  

Hot vinyl has been an issue with me for years.  I have heard the newer material is so much better, even in darker colors.  Utah Water Sports ordered an MC X23 with an all black interior.  They say it defies the laws of thermodynamics.   It would be nice for me to go with something besides all white on the interior one of these days.  If Chatt's review holds, those days may be coming soon.  

Why are you not getting your boat until this late in the spring?  I would have expected your order to go in the fall.  

When I'm ready to turn this one loose, I'll post it up here first guys!

@TallRedRider - Honestly, I was on the fence about whether to order a 23, 25 or 24MXZ.  At the end of the day, with my budget and due to having to trailer the boat home and back, I pulled the trigger on a 23.  By the time I decided - (after our local boat show in Feb), spray dates for the 23 were pretty far out.   Our spring has been garbage so far anyway, and they don't raise the lakes here until the end of April anyway, so I don't feel like I lost any real time on the water.

Monkeybutt - Honestly, I didn't realize you could get different color soft tread on the trailer.  I'll say this, I usually keep the cover on my boat unless I'm towing it long distances.  The gray cover matches the gray trailer pads perfectly, so there's that!  I'm just going to look at it that way hahahahaha (glass half full).  Also, other than the swim platform, you can't see the color of the interior on the trailer.    If it bothers me, I'll just order some brown seadek treads at the end of the season and swap them out.    I have a friend who runs SCWake (www.scwake.com) and I'm sure he can hook me up.