Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chrome Billet Gauge Panel...somewhat blinding

funkcity

But I see in some of the new pics here that Malibu for 07 has blacked out the billet dash. Cheers.gif

I wonder how much trouble it would be to retrofit my 06 V-Ride? Hmm...

Don't get me wrong billet is cool. It's just the chrome plating that is rough on the eyes early or late in the day.

The custom boat fraternity in SoCal has adopted a pewter-anodized billet that looks very hi tech and does not glare. Daves Custom Boats led the way with this.

It's really not black?? That really fooled me if so!

Don't get me wrong billet is cool. It's just the chrome plating that is rough on the eyes early or late in the day.

The custom boat fraternity in SoCal has adopted a pewter-anodized billet that looks very hi tech and does not glare. Daves Custom Boats led the way with this.

It's really not black?? That really fooled me if so!

No it's just a reflection off of that UGLY windshield. Cry.gif

When the chinsy chrome started chipping off on my '05 billet dash, I took it, along with all of the other chromed items, to a good friend of mine who stripped all of the chrome and coated the piseces with grey teflon molybdenum. (his website is http://www.dna-coatings.com) I'll try and get some pics, but it looks sick (and is TOTALLY custom :)).

JZ

When the chinsy chrome started chipping off on my '05 billet dash, I took it, along with all of the other chromed items, to a good friend of mine who stripped all of the chrome and coated the piseces with grey teflon molybdenum. (his website is http://www.dna-coatings.com) I'll try and get some pics, but it looks sick (and is TOTALLY custom :)).

JZ

Very cool JZ.

Grey teflon molybdenum finish? I'd LOVE to see some pics!

BTW, how hard is it to remove/replace the billet dash plate?

Thanks!

I think I see a project in the near future.

But I might as well add........ a custom "Rudder Position Indicator" above the LCD screen.

10 LEDs or a cable (offshore-style) driven from either the actual rudder or the steering column itself.

Hmm...

I've got some homework to do here. :)

Very cool JZ.

Grey teflon molybdenum finish? I'd LOVE to see some pics!

BTW, how hard is it to remove/replace the billet dash plate?

Thanks!

JZ,

Did you take all of the Wakesetter stepped emblems as well? I'd love to see some pics as well.

Yes, I did all chrome billet pieces.

Its really simple to remove the billet dash piece. You jsut unscrew the little fiberglass/plastic suround, and remove the brackets fromt he back - 5 minutes MAX.

I'll be out of town for a few days, but I'll try to snap some photos when I retrun...

JZ