Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

lxi and extra water

blake0401

the last month or so I have noticed that I am having excessive water in my bilge. After I have pulled a couple of sets I notice that my bilge is kicking on and pumping a fair ammount of water out. I have noticed that my trunk is pretty wet and I am also noitcing water coming in under the rear bench seat on the passenger side. I dont have the backseat in but I am just giving the location. Where should I start looking? When I have my boat anchored in the water for camping etc. I dont ever see the bilge come on and it does not appear that water is going into the bilge at that time. Is it possible that the water is coming from the shower somehow? I figured I am going to have to take the back panel out in the trunk and drive around to see if i am getting water from the shower etc. but I wanted to ask first. i need your peoples expertice. Thanks <Blake

Is your shower leaking? That maybe why the trunk is wet Dontknow.gif Have any ballast? Check the connections and lines. Do you have a heater? Check those connections and lines. Did you just start to notice this or has it been since this season started (summerized?) could a hose have cracked over the winter...lots of possibilities.

dont have any ballast. slalom skier= small wakes. I have a heater and shower. The boat is never winterized or summerized unless that means excessive use. I ski all year round so nothing has been hooked/unhooked during the season. I just started noticing this the last month or so and it had never happened in the previous 700 hours on the boat.

dont have any ballast. slalom skier= small wakes. I have a heater and shower. The boat is never winterized or summerized unless that means excessive use. I ski all year round so nothing has been hooked/unhooked during the season. I just started noticing this the last month or so and it had never happened in the previous 700 hours on the boat.

Do you go out on the poo river all year long? Shocking.gif It gets nasty (sticks/logs/poo/etc...)

jetskipro we ski all year round on the mighty willamette and also on a private water ski lake in Mollalla (no name lake). I appreciate the heads up. I will keep an eye on the shower next time I am out to see if that is what is causing me the problem. Thanks blake

I had the same issue with water coming in and after several months of looking for it found that one of my brackets that hold the swim platform was loose and water was coming in there. It was pooling on the drivers side in the rear. Just coming up and soaking the carpet. Fixed now, no more water.

that's where my biggest leak-culprit is (swim-step mounts)

this winter, i guess i'll have to pull the gas tank & fix those leaks

Thought I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago when the whole back of the boat was full of water up onto the floor, and the bildge pump was running like crazy.

Turned out the hose had popped out of my rear ballast bag. Whew!

Open your engine cover and rev the engine up to 2-3K Rpm. If you have a loose hose, the leak will be apparent then. This happened to me last time out. I notice some water at the joint between the engine cover and carpet. When I lifted the cover, no leak was apparent. I reved it up and water shot everywhere, coming from the connection of the hose and trans cooler...hose clamp was a little loose, so it wasn't leaking at idle. Those water lines really pressurize when the engine staerts turning.

Check the shower first. Might not leak at idle but with increased pressure at rpm it might leak like a sieve.

Peter

Yes.gif

As Peter mentioned, check the shower. If the showerhead is open it'll pump out tons of water even if the pump isn't turned on.

Stupid.gif

Been there, done that (once). :(

jetskipro we ski all year round on the mighty willamette and also on a private water ski lake in Mollalla (no name lake). I appreciate the heads up. I will keep an eye on the shower next time I am out to see if that is what is causing me the problem. Thanks blake

Is that the ski lake that was dredged out and set up by Julie Davis and her husband? If so, I have been on that lake when they first set it up. I used to work with Julie before they moved to Arkansas (IIRC).

It may be a different lake, as theirs was in Mulino I believe.

Edited by obski

no that is the pond with lilly pads that are just outside the balls. this is a surveyed record capabiltiy lake out towards mollalla. if you were on google earth and you searched gibson rd. in mollalla you would find it. It is south of 213. go east of the intersection of gibson rd. and the canby-marquam hwy and you will see the lake on the north side of the road.

Edited by blake0401

My Rlx takes on significant water too. I had found several hoses that leaked slightly when reving the engine. It takes this water on when in use so I don't think it is the swim platform. But it still takes on more than it should but I can't see any other leaks and no wet carpet anywhere. (except when we use the boom) I'm gonna turn off the shower where it comes off the block now, maybe that sucker is leaking under the floor where I can't see it. If that doesn't do it, maybe I will plug off the heater lines and see if that helps. I do see a small trickle at the packing nut under low RPM's but once the boats hits about 15 mph it quits leaking there. It is clean water, so not part of the exhaust system.

I am also occasionally smelling exhaust-fuel around the swim platform when stoping. I say exhaust fuel buecause it is not a clean gas smell but not just a pure exhaust smell either. I am sure not releated to the leak but it has happened about 3 times in the last month now.

no that is the pond with lilly pads that are just outside the balls. this is a surveyed record capabiltiy lake out towards mollalla. if you were on google earth and you searched gibson rd. in mollalla you would find it. It is south of 213. go east of the intersection of gibson rd. and the canby-marquam hwy and you will see the lake on the north side of the road.

OK, I found it. I also found the Davis lake off of Ringo Rd in Mulino. I remember now that it had one turn around island on it.