Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need some stereo advise from the experts

wheelman

My new boat came with 6 Roswell ri series cabin speakers, I really wanted the 8" but could only get them with ordering the tower speakers which I did not want. My stereo is going to consist of 3 12" subs, 4 exile surf 9's and the 6 6.5" cabins. Question is is it worth if for me to still switch out my cabins to a 8" speaker? Was thinking of going to the kicker km8's. Will be powering the inboards with 100w each. How much more quality or volume  am I going to get?

no expert here, but.... 

yes upgrade to the 8'in , i really like the exile SX80m . if you are ordering towers call up Brian and work a deal for the package.

list your brand new ROSWELL'S in the classifieds and pocket the diff

Edited by Stevo

Yes, there is a noticeable difference between a 6.5" and 8" speaker, with even making an upgrade in amp wattage output. With two 12" woofers, the added output of a speaker upgrade. With the KM8, you also get the added benefits of included RGB LEDs and two grill color options to choose from.  

I was fortunate enough to listen to the R1 speakers from Roswell when they launched them.  I am on my second boat with R1 6.5s and I am really happy with them.  The 8s are INSANELY good, and had other brands on hand for comparison.  Really helps with the mid-low handoff.  I would put the 8s in my Axis if they fit without significantly modifying the interior, but i think I'm limited to the 6.5s

What boat did you get that came with the R1s?

1 hour ago, Ridebutter said:

I was fortunate enough to listen to the R1 speakers from Roswell when they launched them.  I am on my second boat with R1 6.5s and I am really happy with them.  The 8s are INSANELY good, and had other brands on hand for comparison.  Really helps with the mid-low handoff.  I would put the 8s in my Axis if they fit without significantly modifying the interior, but i think I'm limited to the 6.5s

What boat did you get that came with the R1s?

2017 Centurion RI237

• Like 2