Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dual heaters wiring

The Hulk

Anyone have dual heaters. Are both controlled via touch screen wired together? 

Or do u have separate switch off/hi/low for second Heater.. 

Mine has second manual switch which I'm considering to wire in parallel with other.. worried someone or myself will forget to turn it off and it will kill battery..

Dual heaters from the factory.  Seperate switch under the throttle.    Dealer did say they could move it to relay and have to come on with the other heater if I wanted.  I like having them independent.  

It's easy to wire in parallel, but you definitely need to run the second one off of a relay.  Heaters pull a lot of amps on high and you can't run two on one switch (without a relay).  Just find the orange wire on your existing heater, tap it with a positap, run a lead to your relay, and wire like this:

addremacc.gif

(substitute the tapped orange wire for "remote turn on lead" and put the orange wire from the second heater on pin 30 on the relay)

Edited by shawndoggy

Ok I was wondering why they did it this way. guess maliview board can't handle the amps similar to more ballast pumps..

Thanks for the info! 

I haven't looked at the heater wiring yet is there separate wires for hi/low control? Or all via same wire? If two wires then maybe two relays?

Since I have a switch now mounted on passenger side for second Heater I'll probably leave it after the relay so u can turn on from touch screen then if someone doesn't want passenger side they could turn it off.. but at least u could then control via main dash when turning both off to have everything off.. may have to change that switch to a simple on/off instead of 3way hi/lo/off. Or perhaps keep it so it can be different blower speed than main heater but dash is the trigger for relay.. just need to see if there is one or two wires for hi/low on the blower. Anyone know off top of their head? 

as it stands now I think it will be very likely to forget it's on if any ambiant noise and u don't hear the fan when getting out of the boat... Just don't like having a switch not at the helm that could kill your battery quickly.. 

From the heater craft manual:

34122931900_a7b3dd83f7_o.png

So in your case yes, you'd want to tap the yellow lead for a second relay to run to your yellow wire on the second heater.

Does anyone actually use a heater on low?  I've always thought that they should rename high "meh" and low "is it on?"