Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Temp sensor 6.2 raptor

So brought boat in this week for maintenance after break-in period ... today all excited about picking it up and going out afterwards ... well I was too fast ... boat had issue - temp sensor is throwing alarm/error code SPN:441 FMI:3.  That obviously means a lot to me so contacting dealer.

after a few back and forth here's the part#: 597093 - costs 45 bucks

Here's a more technical explanation from the time forum:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?26288-Engine-Fault-Diagnostic-SPN-441-FMI-3

Bottom line - dealers don't have this in stock. We went out afterwards and confirming error every time. The engine never overheated nor did it act up but for those with a 410 engine year 2016 I would better have a spare.   Will post pics and few more infos later 

Edited by Monkeybutt
Spelling

My 2017 23 LSV, at hour 14, I started to get a service warning on my screen and a very aloud alarm about every 2 minutes. After several trips to my dealer, they changed two sensors and this solved the problem. But it was unpleasant...it lasted for two days on the lake and required two trips to the dealer. The warning signal was very loud and blared through the tower speakers. The warning would appear on my main screen about every 2 minutes and I would have to delete it before it would come on again.  

7 hours ago, Monkeybutt said:

So brought boat in this week for maintenance after break-in period ... today all excited about picking it up and going out afterwards ... well I was too fast ... boat had issue - temp sensor is throwing alarm/error code SPN:441 FMI:3.  That obviously means a lot to me so contacting dealer.

after a few back and forth here's the part#: 597093 - costs 45 bucks

Here's a more technical explanation from the time forum:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?26288-Engine-Fault-Diagnostic-SPN-441-FMI-3

Bottom line - dealers don't have this in stock. We went out afterwards and conforming error every time. It engine never overheated nor did it act up.  

but for those with a 410 engine year 2016 I wiukd have a spare   Will post pics and few more infos later

Check your coolant level in your reservoir. I believe Malibu is not filling the heater cores in these new boats. I know of 3 17' Bu's that have had this issue and all simply needed coolant. Make sure you use Indmar Coolant. My bet is this is your issue.

Edited by ConnollyCrew

The sensors are actually on the exhaust down pipes below the cats and monitor exhaust water temperature, not engine coolant temp.  They are new for 2017.  Earlier raptor motors used a water flow sensor instead.  Indmar has recently released a service advisory to replace early versions of the temp sensors with newer ones if the older ones fail and cause an engine alarm.

As stated - not a coolant issue at all - here's the error message:

IMG_2535_zps0nmodau6.jpg

IMG_2536_zpsxzjjy9wa.jpg

I don't know which. Umber would indicate the bank - in my case it's bank 1 which is on the LEFT side of the boat when looking forward (or passenger side).  I may try to flip them to see if it works again or to figure out what would change in the error message.

10 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

My 2017 23 LSV, at hour 14, I started to get a service warning on my screen and a very aloud alarm about every 2 minutes. After several trips to my dealer, they changed two sensors and this solved the problem. But it was unpleasant...it lasted for two days on the lake and required two trips to the dealer. The warning signal was very loud and blared through the tower speakers. The warning would appear on my main screen about every 2 minutes and I would have to delete it before it would come on again.  

Glad I didn't have the tower speakers on ?

Service bulletin is referenced via the tige forum link above