Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Noise reduction and pull

Dskog

Hey crew. So stoked I got my 770# WM bags in today n tried them out love them. Now that I have a few hrs on her we have started surfing and question 1 is on a 2016 23lsv with the 410 raptor do the turn down tips cut any of the exhaust noise or more for show. This motor is loud.  2nd question is it jus the prop rotation when surfing regular u bout wear ur arm out keeping it straight really wants to pull left but once u gate to goofy side will basically stay straight. Its proper withthe high altitude 2249. We boat from 4500-5500'

The pull is normal and like that on all surfgate models on the regular side. Turn downs will not reduce noise in the Cabin and very little out back. Surf pipe,fae will quiet it down behind the boat much more but will not help that much in the cabin. 

The turn downs are much quieter when your surfing, not so much in the cabin. I've had 5 different Malibus, my newest boat is the only one without the turn down ste exhaust. I notice a huge difference. Pull on the regular side is normal.

Edited by surfdude
16 hours ago, Dskog said:

Hey crew. So stoked I got my 770# WM bags in today n tried them out love them. Now that I have a few hrs on her we have started surfing and question 1 is on a 2016 23lsv with the 410 raptor do the turn down tips cut any of the exhaust noise or more for show. This motor is loud.  2nd question is it jus the prop rotation when surfing regular u bout wear ur arm out keeping it straight really wants to pull left but once u gate to goofy side will basically stay straight. Its proper withthe high altitude 2249. We boat from 4500-5500'

surfgate=pull

formulaben
19 hours ago, wheelman said:

The pull is normal and like that on all surfgate models on the regular side. Turn downs will not reduce noise in the Cabin and very little out back. Surf pipe,fae will quiet it down behind the boat much more but will not help that much in the cabin. 

Really?  Is that because the newer boats are really soundproofed, or what? For me, the FAE made my 2002 model a LOT quieter inside... @shawndoggylikes to say how the FAE is an inexpensive audio system upgrade.

Oh man. Here we go again. 

So yes a '16 is loud. Yes a surfpipe does quiet up the cabin. A little in the front. A little more in the back.  Mostly it's behind the boat.

Turn down STE does nothing for in boat.  It's entirely behind the boat. 

The easiest thing to do short of all the work I did is work to get a lower rpm while surfing by studying the threads for your boat and the weight distributions. 

I see you are at a higher altitude so there likely isn't much improvement to be gained, but work it how you can. 

Edited by Slurpee