Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stock RF - Tower Speaker Volume

OnTheWater

I was able to get my new to me 2014 24MXZ out today for a couple of hours and play around with it and have a question on the stock stereo system.  Is there a way to increase/decrease the volume of the tower speakers in relation to the rest of the speakers?  I didn't find an option on any of the screens or the head unit, though could have easily missed it.

Thanks!

No unfortunately, that's why everyone installs Zlds and wetsounds eqs. 17 is the first year for the factory control.

I just bought a kicker control, I'll let you know how it works.

If the RCA's are configured correctly, you can use the fade function. Crude but it works, just not user friendly. The Kicker ZXM-RLC that hunter mentioned, is a no frills straight forward active dual zone volume control. The zld and Wet Sounds ws-420/220 EQ zone control have their advantages, some are just better than others. 

• Like 2

So, I decided I'm going to go with the WS 420 and then have the box on the sub tightened up and tuned.  With that basic setup, the stock towers should carry to a surfer, right?  I'd like to hold off on a pair of Rev 10's until next year...