Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
jbmichigan

Malibu Inquiry

jbmichigan

I'm looking at a 1992 Malibu Sunsetter Euro F3 and the gentleman told me it has fiberglass stringers. I called our local malibu shop and they said they weren't fiberglass until after 94. Anyone have any info on this?

Also, is stalling at idle 'normal' for this boat as the owner said it's been that way ever since he's had it.

Thanks

Rednucleus

Stalling at idle is only normal to the guy that's trying to sell you the boat.  Would you be satisfied if your car stalled at every intersection?

Welcome to the club, you will find lots of great info here.

MalibuNation

IIRC 93 is the first year wood wasn't used.  :welcome:

Steve B.

Ha,

My 02 and 95 will stall at idle until warmed up. They run so good from that point I'm not going to worry about it too much. Both warm up quicker as a car. 

With a good tune-up and carb tune-up yours shouldn't do it though. Keep us posted on what you do,

Steve B.

Lees23
17 hours ago, Rednucleus said:

Stalling at idle is only normal to the guy that's trying to sell you the boat.  Would you be satisfied if your car stalled at every intersection?

Welcome to the club, you will find lots of great info here.

Some cars do, by design. ?

Woodski

@jbmichigan:  That boat has wood stringers.  It should idle nice and smooth.  Assuming, as most were Mercruiser Tournament Ski engine packages, the carb is a Weber.  They tend to be a bit sensitive to debris and a good rebuild / cleaning will restore the carb to original function.  How many hours on the boat.  Any pics?  I had one & really enjoyed it although the next step forward for Malibu, the Echelon and SV23 hull really put them on the map for superior quality slalom wakes.