Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

who has skied behind the '07 RLXi?

orwood59

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• edwin

• 1morepass

• east tx skier

• VinRLX

Edwina, You need softer wakes on that RLXi. Tongue.gif

Just thought I'd liven this up a bit.

Listen up Cupcake...one thing I didn't mention about the OJ was that it's smooth as silk. Can you say that about your vibrating 196? Surprised.gif

Paris, uhhh, my wife, likes it that way.

I wouldn't mind seeing the ladies in Edwin's avatar go at it with a vibrating 196 Drool.gif

Now that's the kind of non-family oriented stuff we should expect from the PN site! That's why I go there Tongue.gif

If Malibu starts messing with the Response the same way they are with the Lxi, SGY's 196 is going to be a popular boat.

I'd bet it's days are numbered.

If Malibu starts messing with the Response the same way they are with the Lxi, SGY's 196 is going to be a popular boat.

Too bad. . .it's a great 'entry level' Cry.gif ski boat.

Too bad. . .it's a great 'entry level' Cry.gif ski boat.

Which is a topic for another thread: Is it time to buy one before it's too late?

Edited by 88Skier

i buy a boat for both reasons and thats why i have a malibu as well. if all i wanted was a slalom tractor then i would have a cc196.. i think the 03-06 rlxi is the sexiest best looking ski boat out there. the mc prostar 190 is a close second. the gekko , mb , centurion then maybe the cc196.

i buy a boat for both reasons and thats why i have a malibu as well. if all i wanted was a slalom tractor then i would have a cc196.. i think the 03-06 rlxi is the sexiest best looking ski boat out there. the mc prostar 190 is a close second. the gekko , mb , centurion then maybe the cc196.

Bingo!

Gotta say the 35th anniv MC190 / 197 was a great looking boat...probably my favorite

That's my favorite MC ever... 30th was hot too but was a POS.

I prefered the 25th to the 30th. 35th was really nice looking IMO.

My thoughts, exactly.

OK I just got the boat back from the dealer and went directly to the lake. With the new prop the hole shot is great (subjective) and the top speed is 47.8 @5000. I am now ok with the power issue.

I am puzzled about the wake as it now seems softer also. I did not ski as I was alone, but the boat as it was originaly equipped had a wake with a 8-12" rooster tail right in the middle at 15 off line length. Now that rooster tale is gone and the wake seems flater also. Is this possible?

Anyway, all the problems seem to be better. Except maybe the orca whale thing

I am considering a 2006 Rlxi or the 2007. I am on a large lake (3500 acres-mostly round), so think the 07 may provide a better ride over the waves based on what I have read. But, I want to make sure it has at least a comparable wake for skiing. I wonder if you have any more comments since you may have been able to ski with the new prop. How about your friend, did he get his boat? Did he have the same problem with his prop? Any other thoughts now that you have more experience with it?

I would change that statement to...

the Response LX is a close second, then mc prostar 190, the gekko , mb , centurion then maybe the cc196.

Not that I'm biased or anything... Biggrin.gif