Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WakeMakers "Ships Today!" - really??

WakeSS

Was looking around a month ago to order a few bits and pieces and many here recommend WakeMakers and have a TMC discount code. They had what I wanted "in stock- ships today" so I ordered up 4/6.

I get an email on 4/7, hey your order is delayed until 4/10-4/14 because the heater tube is not in stock.... Not happy but I'm not usually one to complain and it wasn't anything I desperately needed. I can wait a week.

4/28 I get an email that they are still waiting and now estimates ship date is 5/19-5/25 wtf...

Check site, still says the heater tube is in stock... call, well we have that, now we are waiting on the panel supports. Site shows those in stock too.

CSR was nice, said he'd check on the site in stock issue and parts should actually be here this week and he will expedite them.

My question is; Is this typical for them or just a fluke?

Any recommendations on an online retailer on the East Coast? BuyWake/Ambush is down the road for accessories but not much else.

I ordered the same thing on 4/3 and ordered some bags. I am still waiting on the items. The bags are suppose to be here Friday, but heater tubes are same dates as yours of 5/19-5/25.

I ordered a pump from Wakemakers - I ordered it mid February.  The pump said preorder and would be available early April.  It is still in pre-order status with an available date of 5/13.  Hope to get it before the season is over, although I don't know if that is Wakemakers problem.

6 hours ago, gahvey said:

I ordered a pump from Wakemakers - I ordered it mid February.  The pump said preorder and would be available early April.  It is still in pre-order status with an available date of 5/13.  Hope to get it before the season is over, although I don't know if that is Wakemakers problem.

It's their fault for over promising and under delivering. Part of customer service is setting expectations which usually means under promise and over deliver. More upside when the later is done. 

• Like 1

I had the same issue on my hot tubes and cancled after a few weeks.   Might try these guys.  More styles but also cost more $.

http://www.boat-heaters.com/24-marine-hot-tubes

Another option for you to consider if you are a little handy.

I decided to make my own hot tubes out of the two fixed vents that come with the boat since I drop the back half of the walkway hot tube anyway to fit the sub box and run new hose to that vent direct from the heater.  Just need the vent, 3" tube and something to hold them in the kick panel.

The fixed vents are a little less than 3" OD so they match well with a 3" PVC pipe coupler (~3.5 OD)  This allows enough room for the vent hose and the fixed vent to sit recessed and still pull out easy through the PVC pipe.   For $7 in PVC fittings and $20 for 50' black blower hose I basically have the same functionality as my walkway hot tube or a full hot tube but I can make them any length I want.

IMG_0817.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

Edited by store934
6 hours ago, store934 said:

I had the same issue on my hot tubes and cancled after a few weeks.   Might try these guys.  More styles but also cost more $.

http://www.boat-heaters.com/24-marine-hot-tubes

Another option for you to consider if you are a little handy.

I decided to make my own hot tubes out of the two fixed vents that come with the boat since I drop the back half of the walkway hot tube anyway to fit the sub box and run new hose to that vent direct from the heater.  Just need the vent, 3" tube and something to hold them in the kick panel.

The fixed vents are a little less than 3" OD so they match well with a 3" PVC pipe coupler (~3.5 OD)  This allows enough room for the vent hose and the fixed vent to sit recessed and still pull out easy through the PVC pipe.   For $7 in PVC fittings and $20 for 50' black blower hose I basically have the same functionality as my walkway hot tube or a full hot tube but I can make them any length I want.

Handy to know. Thanks!