Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fly High X-Pole pylon extender - buying used?

JCRice12

Hi all, 

Would anyone have reservations about buying the fly high x-pole used? I found one on craigslist in my area that is a few years old, but a great price. I gave an offer of $100 and he accepted, saying that he had sold the boat it was on a few years back, but forgot it was sitting in his warehouse. His pictures look good, and he claimed all the parts are there. It also has a wakeboard rack on to it. I attached a pic.

We don't want to pay the price for a tower, and we have concerns about it fitting into our very outdated dock/lift, so this is the route we figured would work out well enough.

What do you guys think?

J

00o0o_5sBo7WbiYz1_600x450.jpg

The poles themselves are fairly indestructible and it appears to be a good buy at $100. Looks like one side of the Skylon rack may be damaged.  Make sure the bow strap and ratchet are in good condition.The Skylon version of the extended pylons came with nylon mesh sleeves that slipped over the boat's ski pylon to prior to installing the extension to prevent marring. 

7 hours ago, John I. said:

The poles themselves are fairly indestructible and it appears to be a good buy at $100. Looks like one side of the Skylon rack may be damaged.  Make sure the bow strap and ratchet are in good condition.The Skylon version of the extended pylons came with nylon mesh sleeves that slipped over the boat's ski pylon to prior to installing the extension to prevent marring. 

Thanks for the response! Good points. I do also see a little damage on the rack, but we most likely won't have use for the entire rack, so it should be okay. I'll be sure to go through all the pieces and make sure they are in working condition and will see about the mesh sleeve... If those aren't around, what could I use instead?

Rack isn't damaged. Just different fingers for different boards.  

100 bucks is a damn good deal.  If you want to sell the rack you could easily get 100 or more for it.  

Just check the cables.  The only things that could go bad.  Other then that enjoy!