Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tuscany Version of F250

DAI

Does anyone know anything about Tuscany version of Ford trucks.  I'm considering seeing what this will move for, but don't know if the 'upgrades' will give me headaches in the future:

http://www.kunescountryfordantioch.com/exotic-new/Ford/2017-Ford-F-250SD-9a8ef6ea0a0e0adf64ca6d775e089997.htm?searchDepth=10:200

I've got a couple other concerns, like:

-  Won't fit in my garage 

-  Won't fit in O'Hare parking structure 

-  Don't necessarily need diesel, and not sure if I want to pay the incremental maintenance expense

For the right price, I could overcome the above.  Anyone know anything about these?  Thanks.

From reading the options it looks like an f250 with a 6" lift with 37s and a few bolt ons. What's a stock lariat go for? 65ish? That's maybe $10k in bolt on's including install that you won't see back come resale time. 

I have been having the same dilemma. I don't need the diesel either, but the new F250 is sexy! I never liked the wheel/tire combos they put on the Tuscany, or the additional door molding. Like mentioned before, you would be better off price wise buying a Lariat or Platinum and doing your own lift and wheels/tires. 

is a good looking truck....for a ford.  am a GM guy and Ram diesel.  my Ram diesel has 35s with a leveling kit.  did not see step bars on the ford.  would be difficult to climb in.

That is the first I have seen of it.  And it definitely isn't for me.

I am at the airport everyweek.  I can't imagine trying to park something like that in a parking garage.  Would certainly need a 2nd car if that was the case (not that I am saying that is a bad thing).

Edited by RyanB
1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

man that's super fugly.  @Stevo where's a pic of your f250?  IMHO, his truck is a great looking truck.  That one looks like a MonsterJam wannabe.

I don't like the Door mouldings, and wouldn't do more that a 4-inch if I had my way.

If you like to drool over trucks, give these guys a follow.

http://instagram.com/alumiduty

heres mine

2011 350 - leveled on 35's

EA87BA0D-5E55-4B09-9ED0-4C89973BF968_zps

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 2

IF garage clearance is an issue - you DEFINITELY won't fit.  I have a 2016, (Stock not Tuscany), and it fits, but the antenna drags.  I have a buddy that has the exact same truck but 2017 and it's 4 inches taller than mine.  So even without the lift, a standard garage is out.  Had an employee that had a Tuscany, and up close I couldn't take the moldings.  She never had any issues with the add-ons expense wise, just lost out at resale!

8 hours ago, Stevo said:

That white spiders is legit. How bout a bro deal?

You can build A Black Widow on the chassis of your choice and get a bro deal. You could even drive it home next month.

Edited by ConnollyCrew

You can build a much cooler looking for truck for less. The Tuscany versions are beyond hideous imo.

Heres mine, had it since new in 12, love the new alumiduties, but also really like no truck payment too!!

Pictures here with 4" lift on 37 w/22s. Have a 6" lift on now.

http://C5B64542-7AFF-4724-90B4-3C8800FB289E_zps

http://5564DB7E-9D41-4FE5-BAF8-4439B27BAEF2_zps

Edited by Cmb396
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2017 at 8:49 AM, DAI said:

Does anyone know anything about Tuscany version of Ford trucks.  I'm considering seeing what this will move for, but don't know if the 'upgrades' will give me headaches in the future:

http://www.kunescountryfordantioch.com/exotic-new/Ford/2017-Ford-F-250SD-9a8ef6ea0a0e0adf64ca6d775e089997.htm?searchDepth=10:200

I've got a couple other concerns, like:

-  Won't fit in my garage 

-  Won't fit in O'Hare parking structure 

-  Don't necessarily need diesel, and not sure if I want to pay the incremental maintenance expense

For the right price, I could overcome the above.  Anyone know anything about these?  Thanks.

What incremental maintenance are you referring to, other than a few extra quarts of oil and a fuel filter?

1 hour ago, leje0306 said:

What incremental maintenance are you referring to, other than a few extra quarts of oil and a fuel filter?

It is more than double the oil, and a $60 fuel filter

10 hours ago, Stevo said:

It is more than double the oil, and a $60 fuel filter

Depends on the vehicle. My Duramax used a $30 fuel filter I got from amazon on subscribe and save every 6 months. That Duramax took 10 quarts of oil. The ever popular 3.5 EB takes 6. Not quite double. So, let's recap, $60/yr fuel filters, lets call it 10 quarts of extra oil per year at $5/qt. That's $110/yr. You're talking about a market with trucks pushing $80k, so how does $110/yr even make the radar? You can't even call that a rounding error.

I know we are splitting hairs and I'm not sure what we are talking about any more but

the powerstroke 6.7 is 13qts double the EB

and the 

Motorcraft FD-4615 Fuel Filter $60

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004A2BBOI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_siclzb0SA2FCE

I don't think most people buy these trucks out right so any additional cost just adds to a monthly expenditure, i agree that an extra $200 a year in maintenance if you are doing it yourself, could be more like $500 at the dealer level. Granted anyone buying an 80k truck should be able to afford that , or buy a different,  less expensive truck.

Edited by Stevo

^need to do some searching, I've never paid $60 for a motorcraft filter, even at an auto parts store. There's a site I found once that sold them for $15 ea, so I bought 3. Forget what it is tho.

As for oil, hate to go there, but Walmart has the best deal on Rotella T5, which is all I have ever ran. Total oil cost is around $80ish and I pay a garage down the road $10 bucks to change it for me, so $90 total every 7500 miles.

6 minutes ago, Cmb396 said:

^need to do some searching, I've never paid $60 for a motorcraft filter, even at an auto parts store. There's a site I found once that sold them for $15 ea, so I bought 3. Forget what it is tho.

As for oil, hate to go there, but Walmart has the best deal on Rotella T5, which is all I have ever ran. Total oil cost is around $80ish and I pay a garage down the road $10 bucks to change it for me, so $90 total every 7500 miles.

LOIDH (link or it didn't happen) ? On the filter, c'mon man hook it up. 

And I was just at Walmart yesterday grabbing some rotella to change the oil in the boat. I bought 30 qts last year when they had a sale online and still have some on the shelf for the F350.

it may be a product of my location, but nobody is changing oil round here for less than $30-50 with a bro deal. I actually don't mind the changing part as I don't have to jack up the truck to get under, and I usually drag at least one of my kids under there to show them how to do it. Biggest bummer is the horizontal plug that dumps a firehose of  oil out when u pull the plug.

18 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Biggest bummer is the horizontal plug that dumps a firehose of  oil out when u pull the plug.

Time for a cummins, plug points in the proper direction (straight down). It's a trade off though, I would rather have your easy oil filter access. Mine really sucks getting to. 

And that's why I take it somewhere!!?

First time I ever changed it, I had oil everywhere!! Second time wasn't much better, so I asked the a garage down the road what they'd charge, and I've been paying them 10 bucks for the labor for a few years now. 

ill look for the invoice where I ordered them, but local Oreilys has them for $30. I can Wix for about 12 ea too.

Edited by Cmb396