Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter 23 LSV vs. Tige 22ve vs. 24ve

kcfandjc

I'm in the market for a used v-drive, most likely a 2007 or 2008 model based on the price range that I want to spend and what I've seen on the market. So far I have narrowed it down to a Tige 22ve, 24ve, or a Wakesetter 23 LSV. I'm curious to get the thoughts on any pros or cons between these models that you all might have. I currently have a 18 ft I/O that I added a wakeboard tower to several years ago. I enjoy wakeboarding, but I also want to get into surfing. I also have three kids (9, 7, and 3) so there will certainly be some tubing going on as well. The things that are pushing me to a v-drive are the ability to start surfing and getting something bigger since my family has grown since we bought the 18 ft I/O about 12 years ago.

If anyone has a lead on any of these models in the Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, or Kansas area I would be interested in that information as well.

I really appreciate any insight that you all might have.  Thanks!

Welcome to the crew!  Where are you located?

Just curious, have you been in v-drives before?  Just making sure you are aware the I/O lengths usually include the swim platform while the V-drive doesn't so a 23LSV will feel HUGE compared to an 18' I/O.  

That year range is probably a range I am least knowledgeable on so I can't help much there, but know others will. You will undoubtedly get a lot of advice here to go with a Malibu.  While the Supras of today are very nice, I would say that their reputation of that era probably isn't great.  Not to say you won't find a great Supra of that vintage though. 

What price range  are you thinking, if you don't mind sharing?  

Check out the resource section here too.  You can check out all the specs, manuals, etc for each Malibu year and model.  

http://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/malibu_specs.html/

I'm in the northwest corner of Arkansas.  I have been in a v-drive, but it was several years ago.  I actually looked at a Tige 24ve last weekend (just on the trailer), and I agree that it felt huge compared to my 18 ft Mariah.  I'm sure the size would take some getting used to, but I would really like to get something with at least a 12 person capacity.  11 would be the absolute minimum, but I would prefer 12 or more.

Just to clarify, I'm looking at Malibu and Tige, not Supra.  I would like to stay under $40K.