Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2401 Prop on 2017 23LSV

Sailvi767

I ran my LSV with the 450 Raptor today using a 2401 prop. I hoped the 2401 might be usable because I don't slam my boat. I need to do a bit more testing but my first impression is that it's not going to work for me. Top speed was only 1.2 MPH faster then the 2277 with both props turning 5500 RPM. Surprising considering a 2" pitch difference. Cruise was very nice with the 2401. A quiet 25 MPH at 3200 RPM. Acceleration with 2 onboard was excellent and better than expected. 

Loaded out with 1500 lbs of plug and play and wedge two clicks from vert at 10.6MPH the boat did not seem happy. With only 400lbs in passenger weight the throttle was almost maxed. With the 2277 at the same weights throttle is about 75%. At 23MPH with advanced wakeboard selected again I was about out of throttle. I suspect fuel consumption would be higher not lower with the 2401. I will do a bit more testing with a bow bag but for the moment it looks like I will go back to the 2277. The 2401 might be more suitable on the 22VLX and might be excellent on the 21. It's a bit much for the LSV.

I run the 2401 prop on my 2017 23 lsv with the 410 and I am considering the 2277 as well. But what I do like is how smooth it is and the low RPMs. I run with two 1100 lbs. bags in the back and even with those, I have no problems while surfing at 10.6 mph. Although, I do have the throttle nearly all the way down, but the more weight I put up front the better it works.  I don't wakeboard much but when I do, I don't feel a need to run a lot of weight in the rear bags, so I have had very few issues. But it does have to pull pretty hard to get up to wakeboard speed when there is a lot of weight in the boat.