Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

diablo royale lights anyone ever?

Shastasurf

I'm interested in buying some lights from diablo royale.  Anyone ever deal with this company?  It is strange because I haven't been able to speak to anyone just text.   The text never really answer my questions just partial answers and plugs the company and website.   Reluctant to make a purchase because I can't speak to someone.  I have a feeling returns or warranty will be a problem.  How's the quality?  Anyone have an issue?  I'm thinking of the token in place of my pitots and can't find many  surface mounting led where wire comes out on top not behind.  

Edited by Shastasurf

I bought two Dagon5150 in blue.  One on each side of my transom, we are very happy with them and I would recommend dealing with them.  Good luck. 

I've recently purchased and installed the 8000 vega rgb light for my boat. It runs off of Bluetooth connection. The app that runs it doesn't correlate with iPhones, didn't find that out after the install so I had to purchase a Samsung tablet. It still has issues connecting. I have to unplug the Bluetooth box wait a minute then hook it back up sometimes to get it too work. He also sells string leds that can tie into that same box, will be installing them this weekend. The costumer service was... eh same issue never could speak with anyone which would have saved a lot of headaches. If I was to do it again I think I would just pick a color flip a switch and be done. But the customization of the 8000 rgb vega is perty beat. When you can get it to work. 

5 hours ago, Iowawaves123 said:

I've recently purchased and installed the 8000 vega rgb light for my boat. It runs off of Bluetooth connection. The app that runs it doesn't correlate with iPhones, didn't find that out after the install so I had to purchase a Samsung tablet. It still has issues connecting. I have to unplug the Bluetooth box wait a minute then hook it back up sometimes to get it too work. He also sells string leds that can tie into that same box, will be installing them this weekend. The costumer service was... eh same issue never could speak with anyone which would have saved a lot of headaches. If I was to do it again I think I would just pick a color flip a switch and be done. But the customization of the 8000 rgb vega is perty beat. When you can get it to work. 

I'm assuming you have the wedge on your sunsetter? How is the light when the wedge is up? Do you have any pictures?

I have a new 4channel rgb controller from wetsounds that I will be using.

the river I boat on is pretty silty so I'm worried that 8000 lumen with any interference will do the job (but I'm hoping/willing to be wrong!) thinking the 1600 would help but still concerned about what the wedge will do?

i know I could transom mount some lights but that's more $$ and work than I'm willing to invest at this time.

• 3 months later...

I bought 2 tokens for 69$ each and just tested them today.   Lots of light and even before dark, I took this pic at sunset.

IMG_3383.JPG

I'm also in the market. Just watched the video and they seem like a pretty legit company with good products. I will probably get a pair of the Dagons for my off season project. At the 11:15 mark he explains why communication is difficult. 

On 5/2/2017 at 6:31 PM, Fred4 said:

I bought two Dagon5150 in blue.  One on each side of my transom, we are very happy with them and I would recommend dealing with them.  Good luck. 

Got any pics?  Both of where you mounted them as well as them at night?

• 11 months later...
On 5/5/2017 at 4:24 AM, holden said:

I'm assuming you have the wedge on your sunsetter? How is the light when the wedge is up? Do you have any pictures?

the river I boat on is pretty silty so I'm worried that 8000 lumen with any interference will do the job (but I'm hoping/willing to be wrong!) thinking the 1600 would help but still concerned about what the wedge will do?

i know I could transom mount some lights but that's more $$ and work than I'm willing to invest at this time.

Sorry been away from the site for a long time. I just added an a 3 way attachment and an elbow below that so the light would work with my wedge. Turned out well. The light sticks just below the transom but it doesn’t bother a thing.

On 5/2/2017 at 1:43 PM, Shastasurf said:

I'm interested in buying some lights from diablo royale.  Anyone ever deal with this company?  It is strange because I haven't been able to speak to anyone just text.   The text never really answer my questions just partial answers and plugs the company and website.   Reluctant to make a purchase because I can't speak to someone.  I have a feeling returns or warranty will be a problem.  How's the quality?  Anyone have an issue?  I'm thinking of the token in place of my pitots and can't find many  surface mounting led where wire comes out on top not behind.  

But they do communicate by text and email , but they will direct you to videos, Vega light very good , they will not talk to you directly or hold long email conversations , just quick responses and links to what you need .  

it was frustrating but once you watch vid your questions are answered .

easy install, and you’ll be surprised to know you don’t need 3.5 from source to controller cause my Vega runs to music without one and controller is in coffin

example, their pigtails come with colors other than RGB , so they use vid on use of controllers on which colors(circuits) you use to match to RGB from pigtail 

Edited by granddaddy55
On 5/5/2017 at 4:24 AM, holden said:

They tell you on site which ones work with the wedge but I think it was for modern wedge boats , text and email them and they will answer probably with a link for you to research 

they will return texts on weekends !!!!

Edited by granddaddy55

One thing my Vega pro faded immediately  from royal blue to light blue or silver, but who looks at it but you when cleaning the boat, supposedly there is a way to drain without unscrewing the light in some models that don’t have a purposed drain