Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to the Crew - 1999 Malibu Response

JCRice12

Hi everyone,

We just recently purchased a 1999 Response and am excited to take it out this summer! We have never been a big boating family, but my grandfather did have an old pontoon boat that we used to take out a couple of times every summer at our dock on Lake Brownwood, and we've all been skiing/wakeboarding/wake surfing on friends boats. Now we are all looking into having a little bit more fun on the water ourselves, so we searched for an older boat with low hours (136hrs) to get our feet wet.

I've read through so many threads about this boat being great for skiing/wakeboarding, and in some cases, with a lot of effort, wakesurfing (we might get into that... we will see). Our first moves will be to replace the speakers (they sound a bit blown, though someone did upgrade the head unit to one with bluetooth and aux port), get either a tower installed or just get a skylon/pole extender deal, place an extra seat behind the drivers side to add an extra spot for family, and refinish the swim deck. Other than that, the boat is in great shape and was fully serviced by the dealership we purchased it from.

I've enjoyed reading all the threads recently and am excited to have my first 'Bu! I am sure I will be posting for advice on here once we actually have our first day out on the water... Wish me luck!

J.

EDIT: Attached my pics, took them a couple of weekends ago while out doing some work around the house, hopefully I will get out in the next few weeks to take some pics of it in the water!

20170422_114442_opt.jpg

20170422_114351_opt.jpg

20170422_114300_opt.jpg

20170422_114245_opt.jpg

20170422_114241_HDR_opt.jpg

Edited by JCRice12
added pics
  • Like 4

I can't tell what the cabin speakers are but the dash speakers look like relatively recent JL speakers.  Those probably don't need to be replaced and I start by figuring out how they are powered and if they are tuned correctly.