Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is anyone following the flooding in the Midwest?

Lees23

41 minutes ago, blk93jeepzj said:

Looks like a nice place!  Shouldn't have to worry as much about rivers influencing the water up that end of the lake.  You are close to Baxter Marina and wider parts of the Lake there.  I'm not as familiar with that part of the lake as it is about 20 mile away by water form my parents place.  However, I have a neighbor in Springfield that has a place in Lampe and they have been down a few times to move their dock, I'll try to talk to them and see how the conditions change over the next weeks or so up that way.  

Table Rock is down to 931.3, she is coming down slow and steady at the moment.  Springfield received another 2+ inches of rain yesterday and the TRL dam received 1.5 inches, so may take awhile still.  

Thank you please let me know what they say!!

Is there a way to post pictures from your gallery? I have some pictcures of cricket from a week ago...pretty bad on this side of Table rock.

We're on Bull Shoals, as far east as you can go in Missouri (past the Spring Creek put-in).  We're getting much of the upstream debris right now, but the lake came up about 20 feet in a few days  The Corps expects it to crest at 692 on 14 May  that's 32 feet above seasonal pool.  In 2015, we had to boat to our dock pretty much all summer.  It sucks, for sure, but there are a lot of people in Southern Missouri who lost everything  so in the grand scheme of things, I'll survive...

34088541320_eb8befe581_b.jpgBull Shoals Flooding by The Joplins, on Flickr

Edited by MUM3

Table Rock is down to 930.8, heading in the right direction just slowly.  

Our end of the lake is still muddy brown with debris and logs everywhere, visibility 0.  After 5 hours yesterday of moving and re-positioning docks we can walk onto my dock and my parents without getting wet.  Very few of the docks are this accessible at the moment.

I got to go ride yesterday at Bull Shoals around Diamond City and the water was very dirty but the cove we were in had only a few logs.  Lots of logs to watch out for still tho.  Up around Tucker Hollow they said the water was clear so its slowly working its way down.  The water in the main channel on Table rock was clean and very clear but anywhere else was still dirty.

my lake is Clearwater in MO.  sat when I was there rehabbing the lakehouse..tje water was 72' No typo...72' above normal pool.  crazy.  was coffee with cream brown but couldn't see much debris.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again.  

Table Rock was down to 926.6 on Friday May 19th (11.6 feet above normal).  Received between 3-4.25 inches or rain in the area over a 24 hour period.  Lake is now at 929.0, up 3 feet since Friday, and rising.  Looks like the Corps current plan is to start dumping 20,000cfs for the day. 

Lake water was looking clearer and most of the debris was close to shore Saturday, so much for that.  Not sure that there will be much boating Memorial Weekend now.     

Edited by blk93jeepzj
spelling
On 5/3/2017 at 7:18 AM, Ottomatic said:

I have a trip planned for the first week of June to table rock. I am new to Kansas City and have never been there before. Should I consider cancelling or will I be ok to go. Was totally excited to go but with all this not sure.

As long as there isn't another big event I think the lake will be fine for Memorial Day weekend.

supposed to be rain off an on almost every day this week, that won't help.  Got a buddy scheduled to be there the week after Memorial Day.  Hope they can get out on it.

On 5/8/2017 at 8:32 AM, MUM3 said:

Potterm - Which marina?  I grew up skiing from 101 Boat Dock on Norfork.....

Jordon Marina

Lake is finally on it's way down(slowly) and several marinas reporting the lake is virtually clear of debris.  Memorial Day here we come!!

I am not going to bring the boat down this weekend my lake (Clearwater is still 65 ft above normal pool) will do a work weekend.  however...if we get caught up.. there is another lake I might go to.

Wow, and all I've been worried about is if Minnetonka comes up a few more inches so it has to go to 600ft no wake.  Currently at  929.70, goes to no wake at 929.80  but that isn't really flooding anything as long as the wakes don't push water up into yards.

Table Rock was in good shape over the Holiday weekend.  Water is still high but keeps coming down.  Some debris out there but most of it was small sticks and not full size logs or trees floating.  Water color is fairly clear and vizability is still low. Water temps were between 74-76. 

5 hours ago, blk93jeepzj said:

Table Rock was in good shape over the Holiday weekend.  Water is still high but keeps coming down.  Some debris out there but most of it was small sticks and not full size logs or trees floating.  Water color is fairly clear and vizability is still low. Water temps were between 74-76. 

Bull Shoals was pretty much the same, at least in the arm from Pontiac up to Spring Creek.  The high water has actually opened up a really nice sized arm to board/surf in. Lake level is still about 30 feet above seasonal pool.  Looks like another summer of boating to the boat. . . . 

Edited by MUM3