Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is anyone following the flooding in the Midwest?

Lees23

Table Rock is a GIANT mess right now.  It will take weeks, maybe months, to recover.  The lake crested at 934.53', less than a foot short of the all time record.  Water was up to(touching) the south end of the Kimberling City bridge and the bridge was shut down yesterday. 

There is a table rock lake Facebook group for all you social media divas if you would like to follow what's going on down there.  

They are expecting more heavy rains this week. 

GIANT mess is an understatement.  

Went down Thursday evening before after the first round of rain to help move docks up.    

Went down again Sunday am, Lake came up 5 feet over night and was still climbing the whole time we were pulling docks in and securing them.

IMG_4397.JPG  

My dock is the blue one, this is before we moved them in.  The ramp was touching ground when we were dome but the lake rose another 4 feet from here.  The back of dock is now in front of the power pole.IMG_4398.JPG 

My parents dock is the one on the right, we were able to get it close to shore but there are more trees in the way.  Once the lake stabilizes and the wind lays we should be able to re-position it better.

IMG_4405.JPG 

Photo from a cliff at a neighbors house.  By this time the wind had picked up considerably and most of the logs and debris had been blown to shore.  Prior to the wind the current was moving all the debris down stream at a good clip. Upstream is to the right is the picture.

Beaver Lake has slowed it's total release into Table Rock down to 11,500 cubic feet a second but is still close to flood stage.  Table Rock's total release is 63,600 cfs, trying to get it down before the next batch of rain.  Bull Shoals is still rising but holding back as much as they can and only releasing thru the generators to help prevent any more flooding downstream.    

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Hyperryd said:

Man, I would be pulling my boat out until the level stabilized. Why risk it. Mother Nature can be cruel sometimes. 

At this point it's safer to just leave her on the lift in the dock.  To many partially submerged logs and other debris.  Most of the nice concrete launch sites are all under water and can't be used, and are not that close by either.  The gravel shoreline "ramp" that we typically use is to the left of the white dock in the first picture, with the wind blowing and moving docks around, not enough room to maneuver through and have no idea whats in the way.  Hard enough to get john boats in and out right now.

It is crazy!  I live in St. Louis and we have an "adult weekend" planned to the lake of the ozarks this weekend.  Not looking forward to all the crap in the water.

I was at Tablerock in 15 right after the flood.  we usually stay on Kings river.  we couldn't launch there (Also the HUGE trees in the water) and had to launch at Shell Knob.  still had fun.  

In Stl where I work the Meramec is forecasted to be 15 in less than all time flood last year.  we are closing down our office now for the rest of the week.  the water is lapping at our entrance road.      ( our facility is 100' higher in elev. tho.)

Out on Keystone Friday at 8' above normal. Yesterday around 9-10' above (still doable). Today its 15'+ with 100% chance of rain tonight. This takes us down to one ramp on the entire lake.

I was thinking about a trip to Table Rock this season. Hopefully you guys make it out without too much more damage. 

Im sure the amount of debris is going to make for some nerve racking travel across the lake.

I have a trip planned for the first week of June to table rock. I am new to Kansas City and have never been there before. Should I consider cancelling or will I be ok to go. Was totally excited to go but with all this not sure.

17 minutes ago, Ottomatic said:

I have a trip planned for the first week of June to table rock. I am new to Kansas City and have never been there before. Should I consider cancelling or will I be ok to go. Was totally excited to go but with all this not sure.

I think you will be okay. Where in KC are you?

I wouldn't cancel quite yet.  I fully expect to be out on the water by Memorial Day.  The Corps have dropped the lake 2 feet over the last 2 days, as I type this it is raining again here with 3 inches or more expected in Springfield.  

Really depends what part of the Lake you planned on going to.  Up the river arms it usually takes longer for the debris to be out of the way and log jams can be more prevalent.   

Just now, semi said:

i was just down there 5 weeks ago and the lake was very low from what it looked like. 

5 Weeks ago, yes it was low.  

Easter weekend it was down 8 feet below power pool (915), Monday it crested at 934.5.  Difference of 27.5 feet in 2 weeks.   

3 hours ago, blk93jeepzj said:

I wouldn't cancel quite yet.  I fully expect to be out on the water by Memorial Day.  The Corps have dropped the lake 2 feet over the last 2 days, as I type this it is raining again here with 3 inches or more expected in Springfield.  

Really depends what part of the Lake you planned on going to.  Up the river arms it usually takes longer for the debris to be out of the way and log jams can be more prevalent.   

We are staying in lampe at the chalets on table rock. Like I said this will be our first trip to the lake so I am not sure where this puts us.

On 5/3/2017 at 11:32 AM, Ottomatic said:

We are staying in lampe at the chalets on table rock. Like I said this will be our first trip to the lake so I am not sure where this puts us.

Looks like a nice place!  Shouldn't have to worry as much about rivers influencing the water up that end of the lake.  You are close to Baxter Marina and wider parts of the Lake there.  I'm not as familiar with that part of the lake as it is about 20 mile away by water form my parents place.  However, I have a neighbor in Springfield that has a place in Lampe and they have been down a few times to move their dock, I'll try to talk to them and see how the conditions change over the next weeks or so up that way.  

Table Rock is down to 931.3, she is coming down slow and steady at the moment.  Springfield received another 2+ inches of rain yesterday and the TRL dam received 1.5 inches, so may take awhile still.