Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PUTC tests the premium 250/2500 diesel trucks

RyanB

3 hours ago, oldjeep said:

I like the level of detail they provide.  Not that surprising that the truck provided with the lowest rear end gears won all the acceleration tests;)

The Titan?  Hehe.  It actually had the lowest rear end gear.  

Edited by jjackkrash
1 hour ago, jjackkrash said:

The Titan?  Hehe.  It actually had the lowest rear end gear.  

LOL, I didn't look at that column at all - not sure how the titan even made it into the competition.  It is more in the heavy half category that you used to be able to get on the Ford/Chev selections

It just goes to show that even a "heavy" half ton doesn't really compare to a 3/4 ton with a real load.    Some of these big-pushing-or-exceeding-10k wake/surf boat guys ought to take notice.  

Edited by jjackkrash

I have never understood why the judge's opinion regarding interior and appearance of the vehicle have any validity in these types of competitions that are backed with actual data throughout the test. This system of vehicle comparisons has bugged me since I was a kid reading magazine shoot-outs. It just doesn't make sense, unless it is a convenient way to establish a predefined winner as the winner. I cannot say if this happened here, but it is something that raises an eyebrow for me.

In my opinion, all of the trucks put down impressive numbers out of the factory while choked down with EPA regulations. I'd be glad to have any of the four parked in my garage :)

• Like 2

The Titan is a big heavy truck with a smaller engine. Working the engine harder usually decreases efficiency. I like the idea of the Titan but it just kind of missed the mark. It's kind of like having an axe, larger than camp hatchet, smaller than a full size axe, so it can do a lot but not be so cumbersome. But then you make it out of rubber.

In reading the article and the testing, the bowtie smoked them all. Take out all the subjective interior garbage and it is obvious the Chevy won.

Edited by Falko