Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Actuator module location

Hello Crew,

New to the crew. Just purchased a 2008 wakesetter vlx. Got it wet this weekend. Love the boat, just need a little guidance.

I had to replace the wedge actuators and the under-dash module that the 2 large wires tie into under the dash. The actuators came in a kit that included an in-line looking module. I can't find an existing module to replace. If it exists, it's not visible at the stern or up under the dash. Any help on where it would be located would be appreciated. I took the boat out and the wedge worked perfect 1 time and then I couldn't get the dash indicator gauge to match the actual wedge location. I tried the computer calibration but i could never get it sync up correctly. I figure the module I haven't replaced may be the problem.

Thanks for the help!

There are a few threads on replacing the actuators and using that module, iirc.  I did not need the module on my 2010 when swapping out the actuators, but some of the earlier years did.  From what I understand, it has something to do with the replacement 5 lobe actuators being faster than the original 3 lobe actuators.  Hopefully someone will come along shortly and tell you what you need to do.

Congrats on the new 'Bu!

post a pic of module in question. if its a black box with a 16pin connector, yes you need to install that and it will be under your dash. lay on floor and look up. a picture would be great. a few pics of under your dash looking up might also help?

Thanks for the responses. I'll be back with the boat on Saturday. It is a black box with 16 pin connector. I'll look under the dash and send pictures if I can't locate it.

Edited by Pittcru1