Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

mb surf system install on my sunsetter

Shastasurf

I bought a used mb surf set up.  It was licensed to them by surf assist, I believe.  I'm gonna have to modify something to get it to fit. 

C7BD0FE2-46D7-487E-9F76-B362226DBE11_zps

A55F990C-D798-4DC9-BC99-E88C36570965_zps

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, shadetreefab said:

Move tabs over and weld back on. 

The actuator brackets/tabs?  That's prolly best.  I'll have to move the adjusting mounts too or weld flat.  If this works good I can take the Velcro off my boat, lol.??

• Like 2

Just weld that adjustable plate straight and get that turnbuckle out of the way.  I think they overthought this and/or added it to help justify the ridiculous price.  Everything I've heard and read says they just run them flat.  

13 hours ago, Ndawg12 said:

Just weld that adjustable plate straight and get that turnbuckle out of the way.  I think they overthought this and/or added it to help justify the ridiculous price.  Everything I've heard and read says they just run them flat.  

I was thinking that too, but it's nice to adjust it for clearing the swimstep. I left it at a welders, switching the positions of adjuster and mounting brackets.  Gonna tack it then see if it all clears and then see how far it moves on actuators.   Thanks for the suggestions!

I have GSA on my MB & that extra tab is worthless, I've played it with in all sorts of configurations & flat is best.

• Like 2

I'm only thinking about the adjustment for the up position.  My transom barely has room for the hinges, lol.

13 hours ago, Shastasurf said:

I'm only thinking about the adjustment for the up position.  My transom barely has room for the hinges, lol.

Gotcha, that does look close.  if you got rid of the swim platform you'd be okay and take any chances of spray :whistle: