Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Factory Stereo Sound System Upgrade: Working or Not?

BLSousa

If you purchased the 2017 sound system upgrade for your new Malibu, is it working as advertised or is it malfunctioning?  

I have a 22 VLX on order and we purchased the upgraded stereo options.  After reading a number of recent posts stating that their upgraded stereo is malfunctioning I am concerned if the option will be more of a problem than I would like.  I would like to poll the audience to get a rough idea of whether the majority of 2017 Malibu owner's have a properly functioning stereo system or not.

Thanks for your help!

'17 23LSV

Cabin speakers and amp from factory with Sport Knob

I added Wetsounds SD6, 1 pair Wetsounds Rev10's, JL Audio 12w3 sub in custom box.

No problems with my system.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

'17 23LSV

Cabin speakers and amp from factory with Sport Knob

I added Wetsounds SD6 (3 X 585w), 1 pair Wetsounds Rev10's, JL Audio 12w3 sub in custom box.

No problems with my system.

No low volume cutting out?

Nope, It was a minor issue before I installed the aftermarket parts, only at very low levels that were too low to listen to. I can't make it do it now and neither could the service guy at the dealer at my 10 hour service. I just went out and tried it again to make sure before I posted.

Mine cuts off when blue toothed, but not at just low Volume level. The song will still be playing and counting time but amps turn off. But when plugged same iPod to USB plays all day. But my other issue is my system will max volume in blink of an eye. And when I say maxed, the yellow bar that shows level of volume, goes all the way up past the max 40 mark. And will not turn down with sport knob, steering wheel or unit volume button.  Will mute tho. Then have to power down everything to get it to reset.  Got to be software problem. 

Edited by spikew919
4 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

Mine cuts off when blue toothed, but not at just low Volume level. The song will still be playing and counting time but amps turn off. But when plugged same iPod to USB plays all day. But my other issue is my system will max volume in blink of an eye. And when I say maxed, the yellow bar that shows level of volume, goes all the way up past the max 40 mark. And will not turn down with sport knob, steering wheel or unit volume button.  Will mute tho. Then have to power down everything to get it to reset.  Got to be software problem. 

Sounds like a 7" screen problem. Probably needs to be replaced. There have been issues in the past with those screens getting stuck buttons.

I did reroute the wires behind the amp panel. Several power wires running through the bundle with signal wires there. 

• Like 2

Thx guys! So the count so far is:

2 working as advertised 

2 not

50/50

The positives that I see in this is the system can function as advertised if some gremlins are worked out. 

In my 2017 23 LSV, the amp for the cabin speaker shuts off once the volume is beyond about 50 Percent. I went in another guys 25 LSV and he was having the exact same problem.