Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

connecting to MTC / Malivue

Badger

I know there are other threads on this, but my question is a a little different.  I'm in the middle of my heater install, and already know that I can go into the setup options and I've changed my "Aux" to the Heater.  I'm not sure that I'll get a high and low setting, but I'm not worried about that (yet - assuming it's default on high).

My question is for other accessories.  I see that I have fuses for other accessories such as tower lights and seat heater.  If those options came from the factory, how would they be switched on/off?  I don't see anywhere else I would add other options in the Malivue.  Would there be a different version of software giving those as options to be powered on/off?  Or would the factory have to add a manual switch somewhere?

As I do the heater, I'd like to add some LED lights in the boat, and looking for one more switch to control them.  The Aux has gone away with the addition of the heater.  Do I need to add a physical switch somewhere to control the lights?

Edited by Badger
ahopkins22LSV

IIRC, the heater button the MTC toggles between High, Low and Off. My TXi had the factory installed heater and there is a separate toggle switch under the throttle. I have seen it through MTC as well though so I am not sure on the fuse question.

For LED lights, if you want them to replace or come on with the factory interior lighting, just tie the new lights into the wiring for the factory lights. This is what I did with ours. If you want them to be separate then yes I believe you will need to add a manual switch.

Yes, I'd like them to be separate.  Hoping the LEDs can stay on for the night time cruises, but the interior lights are too bright for that.  I'm going to start a new thread with better title.