Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SV23 or V25 hull?

Cam12

New to the site so I apologize if this information can be find elsewhere or it has already been discussed. 

I am considering upgrading from my 1992 Sunsetter Euro F3 to either a 2007 21' vRide or 2009 23' vRide. I know the 07 has the SV23 hull and the 09 has the V25 hull. What is the difference between these hulls and which is better for what? Primarily would be wakeboarding and surfing but would like the option to have a decent ski wake. 

Thanks!

I think most will say the V25 will surf better although plenty surf the SV23 hull. The SV23 is very easy to dial in for wake boarding.  I assume the V25 is as well but I don't  have as much experience with it.  Neither are know to be great for skiing.  The 23 will handle more weight better and probably produce a better surf wave.  How big is your crew normally?  The space on the 23 is nice for sure.  

got a link to the boats you are considering?  

Crew is usually 3 to 5 when actually behind the boat. I do like the fact the 07 has the Power Wedge as opposed to the 09 which does not (ad says it does but it doesn't, I test drove it). However, the 09 has rear ballasts under the floor and the 07 does not. Both have midship ballast. Also, attracted to the lower hours on the 07. Sure do like the size of the 09 but not sure if it will work well with my boat hoist. 

Let me know what you guys think!

These are the links to the two boats I am considering:

2007 vRide: http://www.skierspier.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=42760&pov=4855299   (4th and 6th pics got put in the ad by mistake I think and are not of that boat)

2009 23 vRide: http://www.skierspier.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=99532&pov=4748363