Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WS-220-BT install location

ctvandy23

On 4/27/2017 at 9:53 PM, ctvandy23 said:

Thanks!  I like the look with the trim plate.  Didn't see a trim plate for the 220 on WS site. 

They offer an under dash billet mount for the 220 and 420BT, similar to the 420SQ but without the hole for the BT-VC. With the larger face and mounting screw holes, the 220 and 420 BT do not need the flush mount trim plate that the SQ does. 

On 4/29/2017 at 5:53 PM, NCSurfing said:

I had jony b fabricate this plate for me as a replacement for the dry box

image.jpeg

Looking at adding a 420 myself... This is super clean. well done!

I can't see hanging it under the dash like a CB in an old F-150 ;)

Edited by WakeSS
1 hour ago, WakeSS said:

Looking at adding a 420 myself... This is super clean. well done!

I can't see hanging it under the dash like a CB in an old F-150 ;)

I hung my under the dash if you look at that thread I linked.   Different strokes for different folks, but I think the install came out clean using the WS mount.    I personally mess with the zone knobs too much and although I like the look of it in the glovebox, I'd find it more difficult to operate while underway.   Also, my wife will often reach over from the passenger seat and turn the sport knob up or down while I'm focused on driving.  I could see her doing the same on the WS-420 as she acts as the DJ.  The glove box wouldn't allow that option either.   No right or wrong way here - I'm just pointing out the considerations I took in my install. 

47 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

I hung my under the dash if you look at that thread I linked.   Different strokes for different folks, but I think the install came out clean using the WS mount.    I personally mess with the zone knobs too much and although I like the look of it in the glovebox, I'd find it more difficult to operate while underway.   Also, my wife will often reach over from the passenger seat and turn the sport knob up or down while I'm focused on driving.  I could see her doing the same on the WS-420 as she acts as the DJ.  The glove box wouldn't allow that option either.   No right or wrong way here - I'm just pointing out the considerations I took in my install. 

Same here (Exile not WS though).

20160803_171745_zpsvpenjxoc.jpg

Mine is in the glove box, wouldn't recommend putting it there. I didn't realize I would be adjusting it so much when I decided to put it there.

5 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Sorry didn't mean to offend. A couple of clean looking installs here. I have seen some that are not to that level that I was joking about.

For reference NCSurfing's pic is on a newer boat where that panel is at the drivers right hand, replacing the drybox, not in the traditional glovebox.