Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Cooler

thejean

Depends,

How many people,

How many drinks each,

Any food involved,

How long do you need things cold,

How hot is it while you are out?

just to start......

Ok thanks guys. I just figured there would be an obvious #1 choice that fits nicely inside the cooler space under the seat. I'll do some searching. 

On 4/28/2017 at 9:27 AM, thejean said:

Looks like the AO sto n go is the way to go! ?

From personal experience I would keep looking if I were you. I am 0 for 3 with seam leaks with very careful use. YRMV

30 minutes ago, wdr said:

From personal experience I would keep looking if I were you. I am 0 for 3 with seam leaks with very careful use. YRMV

Too late, already ordered it. I wanted one that would fit snugly in the stock location. This seemed to be the only one that would. 

The quality may have gotten better, so you may have good results with your. I had weird in the crease pin holes that I just fixed with shoe goo. I still have and use them, just a little disappointing is all.

formulaben
20 hours ago, wdr said:

Sorry to hear that.  I am on year 4 with my 2 AO coolers and couldn't be happier.  Not sure if they had a bad batch but you're not the only one that's mentioned this on the site.  For me, they fit perfectly and hold 50 cans that stay ice cold overnight.  For the group buy purchase price, it was a real bargain.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 6/10/2017 at 6:49 PM, teamerickson said:

The best coolers were Bartels and James. 

I beg to differ. California coolers in the 2 liter bottles were better. 

• Like 2
On 6/10/2017 at 9:49 PM, teamerickson said:

The best coolers were Bartels and James. 

Thank you for your support....

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Check out the cooler shock packs instead of ice as well. I love them.  No more melted water in the cooler leaking into my sammich!

https://www.amazon.com/Lg-Cooler-Freeze-Packs-x14/dp/B00V9ITMYC

yep bought a set of large and Extra large and love them. They take a little while to get totally frozen, but stay cold once frozen. Wish they had smaller sizes.

If you have any issues with the AO coolers I would suggest call them or checking into their warranty. I have had 3 different ones for over 15 years now and all of them have been great. 

• Like 2

Something you can do for ice in your cooler is the liners for the box'o'joe coffee bulk boxes you get at Dunkin Donuts or other chain coffee shops. Those liners unfold into a long tube, they aren't shaped like the box. Fill it with water and freeze it, lasts a long time as the bag is a bit insulated so it doesn't freeze things around it and keeps iced longer.