Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wilson Brothers Slalom Videos and Music

Timmo

Due to the fact that as pensioners my wife and I now have to watch our money a bit more closely we decided to downgrade our sat TV service as it's mostly crap anyway, and I really only want the sports channels and my wife mainly watches the home reno shows, 100's of channels and nothing to watch and the price rising seemingly every month doesn't provide great value anymore. Anyway, because of this I've now been watching a lot more YouTube and came across a series of slalom videos by the Wilson Brothers, only short clips but great skiing, very well filmed and edited and accompanied by some great music. Don't know if any of you slalom officianos have come across the Wilsons before but it's very entertaining. One of the songs I really enjoy is the old Sonny & Cher number Bang Bang covered by a Californian band called the Monophonics, great version. If you haven't seen these clips have a look, they're very good.

This Saturday kicks off a 5 stop radar nation tour with Brooks Wilson.   I'm signed up for the grand rapids stop on June 17.   Should be a good time.

That sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, hope you enjoy it. Please let him know that their work is even followed half way round the world in Australia!!

• 10 months later...
On 4/28/2017 at 1:01 AM, CedarLakeSkier said:

This Saturday kicks off a 5 stop radar nation tour with Brooks Wilson.   I'm signed up for the grand rapids stop on June 17.   Should be a good time.

I know it was a long time ago now, but how did it go?

Even though the day that had it was a little chilly/rainy, it was great.  Also, this was officially listed as "Grand Rapids" but it was actually quite a bit outside of Grand Rapids.  Not really a problem, just a surprise.

In our area, the event was teamed up with Action Water Sports, which is a great Mastercraft/Radar dealer and one of the nicer pro shops in the area.

Brooks is a really great guy and knows his stuff.  It's clear he really likes the Radar equipment and is a good ambassador for the brand.  He will help you get your equipment dialed in if that's what you want/need.

I brought my own equipment, but stated ahead of time I wanted to try the Radar Pro Build.  My daughter did the same.  They took our current bindings and put them on the ski, so it was good we had our own equipment.  They did have a limited selection of bindings if you wanted to try something new.  At my skill level I couldn't justify spending more to move up from my Senate to a Pro Build.  My daughter was with me and did fantastic on the pro-build and loved it.

They did offer some deals on the demo equipment if you wanted.  I think this may have been done through the dealer though, so I'm not sure this would be the case at every stop.

Well worth signing up if they are offering this in your area.

FYI,  I think they just announced another round of this tour this summer.   I didn't sign up as I figured I would give others a shot.   I would do it again in a heartbeat though.