Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

tow vehicle tires, not lifted or crazy A/Ts, just tires

Falko

Bridgestone Dueller HL Alenza. Have these on my F150. On my second set. First set had 85k+ on them. Still quiet and could have gone another 5k. Not overly priced either. 

3 hours ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

My last set of trail grapplers lasted 45K I sold the truck and they still looked pretty good.   Never an issue.  

There is no way you have had the ridge grapplers the new At tire as they just came out in the fall.  Unless they are on your truck now. They look almost as aggressive as the trails but are quite and I am sure will last much longer. 

Trail grappler was what I had. The guy who had the tire fall apart on him had the Terras.

It's interesting how quiet a lot of these newer AT tires are. Recently I had some Pit bull Rockers that sounded like a tractor.  Years ago I had some Toyo Mud Terrains.....you could hear that truck coming from a block away. The TAs are barely any louder than the all seasons on my wife's Grand Cherokee.

So after some online research and just looking around, I ended up ordering Yokohama Geo A/T G015. They did have a couple poor reviews, but overall were pretty good. We had a set of Yoko's on the Expy and those did well, except for wear wasn't the greatest. The stock continentals went 60+ but the new ones all had horrible reports of road noise developing at 10k and getting worse. When that comment hits 80% of the reviews, there must be something behind it. 

Anywho, thanks all for the inputs. There are some tires mentioned here I will probably put on my Sport Like Utility Truck, but they wouldn't have gone well on wifey's ride. I think the Geo A/T's are an edge to aggressive but to get the winter and water traction, you have to jump to the A/T type tire it seems.

• Like 1

I have the BFG KO2s and they have been great.  Ice / Snow traction good.  Off road decent.  Don't clear clay mud very well though but I am not sure any non-mud tire does that.  I have 60K miles on them and they are starting to not be as good though they have an OK amount of tread left.  Will change for new ones in the fall.  

• Like 1

I Am running the Michelin Ltx ms/2 load range E in size 275/70/18. They're  not flashy but they are great for towing and daily driving. Their downside is their off road ability. This winter I'll be stepping up size a bit and getting  the BFG at ko/2 in 35x12.5x18 still load range E so good for towing but these will be more aggressive looking and better in snow and off road.

Got them home last night. Little more aggressive than I'd like for her truck, but I would definitely have them on mine or hers if that were my car. No complaints about noise or handling issues. I'm not going to ask cause that opens it up to unwanted reviews. My only issue is the shop threw on the $27 per tire for the maintenance and hazard warranty. I have to call them....