Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 chevy colorado

Cmb396

So, I just picked up a 2017 Colorado 4 dr for a work truck, pretty sharp little truck, V6, leather, Z71, which I'm sure is nothing more than a sticker!! It has a 7700lb tow capacity. Anyone have one, or ever pull a Bu with one? I have a lsv, and although I still have my F250 diesel, just wondering if anyone had incite on towing with this Colorado. Suprisingly, the V6 is pretty peppy, 310hp, and 275lb ft tq, I believe.

My buddy just picked one up as a work truck to replace his old Dakota with the 4.7 V8.  But he opted for the diesel.  So far he loves it.  Said it gets 25 - 28 MPG.  Uses it to tow a single axle enclosed utility trailer.  I would guess it is around 3500 pounds.  He said it has WAY more pulling power than his old Dakota.  That said, I don't think I would want to pull the LSV very far with it.

Cool, I think the tow capacities are the same for the V6 and diesel. We looked at the diesel, but for the extra cost, and the mpg was not that much better, I ended up with the gasser.

I wouldn't be pulling it far at all, if I ever do at that. Was just curious how they did.

ahopkins22LSV

They are much nicer then the old Colorado's that is for sure. And Z71 adds better suspension for payload/towing and skid plates under need the transfer case/transmission. And the sticker ;)

If you look at one of the Colorados up next to a mid 2000's full size, they aren't much different in size. I'm keeping an eye on the longevity of the babymax to see if it is going to go for the long haul or not.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Sweet! Got any pics? 

Have you looked at the actual towing capacity without a WDH?

Just this one...

http://9EF177ED-EBA5-4921-B143-DF119AB58895_zps

And what do mean by WDH? (I feel like I should know this!!)

Edited by Cmb396
16 minutes ago, Cmb396 said:

Just this one...

http://9EF177ED-EBA5-4921-B143-DF119AB58895_zps

And what do mean by WDH? (I feel like I should know this!!)

Most manufacturers say that a truck can tow a certain amount and then are limited to a smaller number unless used with a weight distribution hitch. 

When we went and looked at a boat last fall the dealer had one as his tow vehicle, the diesel one. Granted the ramp they used was like 4 miles away on back country flat roads but it seemed to do fine. The only issue I noticed immediately was the lack of rear seat leg room which anyone of normal height in front seats.  I'm 5'10" and was in front passenger seat with my 5'2" wife behind me and her knees were in the seat back.  This was a crew cab as well, just a big difference space wise from my F150.  Love the color, looks great!

5 hours ago, RyanB said:

Weight distribution hitch

Gotcha. Never used one, all my trailers are gooseneck, or 5th wheel. Only bumper pull I have is the boat, and you can't even tell its back there with my ford.

http://C5B64542-7AFF-4724-90B4-3C8800FB289E_zps

• Like 2

They're supposed to be pretty quick with the new engine and 8 speed trans for 2017.  I considered waiting for the Canyon Denali before grabbing my Sierra last summer.  Nice ride for a mid-sizer for sure, but not really that small in the grand scheme of things.  I like that they don't have that plastic butch nonsense going on that most of the half and three-quarter tons do.  You know, the whole "when I grow up I'm gonna be a big rig!" thing.

On 4/26/2017 at 8:15 PM, Cmb396 said:

Gotcha. Never used one, all my trailers are gooseneck, or 5th wheel. Only bumper pull I have is the boat, and you can't even tell its back there with my ford.

Why even bother towing with the Colorado when you have the F250 option?  

1 hour ago, wedge88 said:

Why even bother towing with the Colorado when you have the F250 option?  

I honestly probably never will, was just curious. I could see an instance during hay season or something when I have a gooseneck  hooked up and I don't wanna fool with it. I also have my wife's 16' grand Cherokee that pulls the boat with ease. 

On 4/26/2017 at 8:15 PM, Cmb396 said:

Cause there is a chevy in the back of that boat pushing that ford. Lord knows it can't do all the work. BOWTIE for life. 

Nice setup!

I drive 60 to 360 of them on a shift, depends on which job I get called in for.  (Call-in casual for Jack Cooper.)  The Denali's ride really nice but I like the looks of the All Terrain package the most.

Until now, the ZR2's are just starting to come out.  Oh my!  That's a good looking truck!

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, robtr8 said:

I drive 60 to 360 of them on a shift, depends on which job I get called in for.  (Call-in casual for Jack Cooper.)  The Denali's ride really nice but I like the looks of the All Terrain package the most.

Until now, the ZR2's are just starting to come out.  Oh my!  That's a good looking truck!

Per my source it is a hell of a truck too.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have a 2016 Colorado Diesel which pulls my 22VLX. This truck loves pulling that boat and pretty good gas mileage as well. My sister has the Gas V6 and it pulls the boat just fine, although it definately uses more gas pulling the boat especially on hills... But regardless both the gas and diesel can pull the Malibu line of boats with little issue.

http://imgur.com/a/ztOiF