Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heated drivers seat

mackie12

Evening folks,

just picked up an 08 Response LXI, now it has a lot more buttons and fancy stuff compared to my 98 sportster. This leads me to my first of many questions.........heated seat,how do I turn it on?

there is a silver toggle switch with a blue LED light beside the lanyard but doesn't seem to do anything.

Edited by mackie12

My buddy's Sunsetter has a black push button under the seat, back left corner. Doesn't do anything in his boat but we wondered if it was on there for a heater option.

6 minutes ago, Rednucleus said:

My buddy's Sunsetter has a black push button under the seat, back left corner. Doesn't do anything in his boat but we wondered if it was on there for a heater option.

That's a air pump for lumbar support 

I have an 08 lsv with the heated seat and the switch is next to the lanyard. Mine is a rocker switch with a heat symbol and illuminates when turned on. Maybe yours was replaced by previous owner to a toggle. It does take awhile to warm up but nice to have during early season or evening runs. 

I have a 2003 sunsetter LXi with a heated driver's seat. My seat turns on with an accessory toggle  switch to the right of the steering wheel. If you have what appears to be an extra switch available for expansion, turn it on and give the seat 1-2 minutes to begin to heat up. The warmth is certainly noticeable when you are sitting in the captains seat. Also, make sure the wire harness is connect at the bottom of the seat cushion

I suppose there is the possibility that it is burnt out to......I will check voltage at the connectors under the seat to confirm I am getting power. can also confirm if the switch in question is the right one.