Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Warranty Transfer questions

aarondouglasdds

I'm looking at buying a new boat, but suddenly considered a gently used Malibu 247, 25 or 23 lsv.

my question pertains to the warranty.  As I understand it, I have to have the warranty transferred to me.  The dealer said on the 2015 247 I was looking at it was $1300.  Okay, my concerns are:

1) Being the second owner, do I lose any aspects of the original warranty?

2)If I were to buy from an individual (vs a dealership) how would I go about getting the transfer done?  Still go to the dealer?

Looking forward to this!  Thanks in advance.

That makes it a deal breaker for me.

the 2015 247 was only about $10k less than the 2016 leftover, I was thinking that may be worth it with 3 years warranty left.  Not for 1 year.

Warranty periods aside, the 25 LSV was a complete redesign of the 247 in 2016, so the holdover 2016 is a much different boat than the 2015 247. I would go with the 25LSV all day over the 247 for that price difference.

• Like 2