Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New sb trailer welds failing

Koher71

So the rear corner of my trailer on my new 2016 vlx started splitting. I showed my dealer the issue and said they'd call sb trailers out of Paterson, CA to see what they want to do about it. I'm curious to what the procedure is on this sort of thing. Mostly because of the timing.  It's boarding season at Shasta right now when we get a break from the rain/snow. Dealers are slammed with the hype of the drought being over right now. The dealer has never seen this happen and really had no info for me. I mean what is gonna be the deal? Could they lend me a loaner trailer while it gets worked on? I hope they call me back soon with some news for me. I was sorta thinking while ever whom is working on it could add that step to the rear corner since it's near impossible to load passengers or just to jump in and out while cleaning. Anyways I was just reaching out to the crew, see if any of you guys have dealt with issues like thisIMG_1764_zps2x3kxyu9.jpgIMG_1763_zpsksuqwwhl.jpg

expect the wiring harness to become fused into one toasty piece during the welding repairs unless YOU take the time to protect it before it's dropped off.

mine was toast.

fwiw, my dealer did step up with a loaner during my trailers absence.  may be worth pushing for if, it's not offered up front.

Ya i checked in with the service manager today from my dealer.  They want me to drop the boat off when I get back in town Friday. He said he's gonna bring in a welder and mostly likely fix it on site then repaint it. Hopefully it's a seamless job and I have my boat ready for the following weekend. I mentioned getting  me a quote on adding the rear extended step which I know isn't his department but he was sorta drawing a blank. I hope I can point out what I am talking about when I bring in the boat. I feel that it would be a pretty easy job for a experienced fabricator. Maybe cutting out the brake light hosing would be the most difficult part of it all. I'll keep you guys posted