Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2001 23lsv - threw belt noticed leak

mountaineerhill

While doing my spring season start up and oil change my Indmar 325 broke the belt. No big deal as it looked like the original and I ordered a replacement through Bakes Online.

while inspecting the belt or lack there of I noticed a small leak coming from the attached pictures, any ideas? I am new to boat mechanics

E2ifIGK.jpg

18 minutes ago, BlackBluMalibu said:

Could be the pump shaft seal.  

Is it rebuildable or do I need a whole new pump?

any part numbers? 

Should be rebuildable... you might try wholesale marine for parts kit or possibly bakes online.  You will need to know your pump model #.  Good luck!

Yeah   You can replace the seal in there but one that old, simply replace the entire pump assy.  IMHO  Been there and done that w two inboards now.  Seal in there on Vdrive can be a bear to get out of one that old.  Just replaced mine last year, its a 08'  Housing near seal had hairline crack as its "pot metal" construction. Getting the seal out can be a chore especially one that old.

1 hour ago, h2ojunkie said:

Yeah   You can replace the seal in there but one that old, simply replace the entire pump assy.  IMHO  Been there and done that w two inboards now.  Seal in there on Vdrive can be a bear to get out of one that old.  Just replaced mine last year, its a 08'  Housing near seal had hairline crack as its "pot metal" construction. Getting the seal out can be a chore especially one that old.

I'm having that feeling as well, everything is still original on this boat.... I bought it with 210 hours and have put another 300 hours in it in 2 years. The spark plugs I pulled outta the motor were ancient.