Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How To Post A Picture/Image

MalibuNation

MalibuNation

How to Post Images to the Forum

There are 2 methods to display an image within the forums. You can either link an image from another site, or attach an image to the post. We will cover both methods here.

Linking images from an external site

Linking (also called embedding) an image from another site is one way to display an image within your post. This method is available to all members since it requires no site resources other than the post itself. The image will show up large within the post, although it will be reduced to the width of the board. To do this, you need to have the images loaded on a site that allows hotlinking.  Flickr or imgur or Photobucket are a popular free image hosting & photo sharing site. Another option for paid members is to link from their gallery here on TheMalibuCrew.com.

Then you need to use the image tags around the link (without spaces), like this:

Sites such as Photobucket offer the code that you need all ready to go. Look for the image sharing options, it should have an IMG or BBCODE entry. Copy the code from that field into your post, and you'll be all finished. Or you can copy the url from the "direct" link that most sites also have, and put it inside of the IMG tags as shown above.

If you are not using a site with those options, you will need to find the file location. If you right click the image, then go to Properties, that will bring up a window. Copy the entire address string under Address or Location, depending on your browser. From there, you need to use the IMG tags provided by the forum. Click on the "Image" icon in the toolbar and paste the address string into the window that pops up. Click "Insert Image", taking care to place your cursor in the correct spot in the posting window. If you are using the rich text editor, you will see the image show up in the window. If you are using the plain text editor, you will see the address string show up wrapped in IMG tags in the posting window. Click the preview option to see how it will look when it is posted, making any changes that you feel necessary, then click "Post" to submit the post.

Attaching an image

The other method of displaying an image within a post is to attach it. This option is only available to Supporting Members, as it take site resources to use this method. The image will display as a small thumbnail which can be enlarged by clicking on it. Uploaded files are limited to 500k in file size per post, so you will need to make sure that you re-size your images appropriately. Usually an image re-sized to 800x600 in pixel size will work.

Default Uploader

The default uploader allows you to upload attachments one at a time. To begin, press the button. A box will appear for you to select the file on your computer that you want to attach. Select the file you want to upload.

If you change your mind, you can press the button and then choose a different file.

Once you have selected the file you want, press Attach the file. If there are any errors uploading the file, you will receive an error message, otherwise, you will see the attachment appear.

Flash Uploader

You can enable the flash uploader from your settings menu. When enabled, you will be able to easily upload more than one file at a time.

To start, press Click to Attach Files. A box will appear for you to select the file or files on your computer that you want to attach. Select the file or files you want to upload. You can select more than one file at a time by holding Ctrl (on Windows) or Command (on Mac) and click on the files.

Once you have selected your files and clicked "Open", they will begin uploading. If there are any errors uploading the files, you will receive an error message, otherwise, you will see the attachments appear.

Managing Attachments

Regardless of which uploader you use, once the files are uploaded you will see them on your screen. By default, all attachments are added to the bottom of your message, however, you can add any attachment to a particular section of your post by placing the cursor where you want to place the image and the press the "Add to Post" link.

If you wish to remove an attachment and have it not appear in your post, simply press the "Delete" link.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

14.5 mb, under the max.  Says  unknow server error, -200.

It acts like it's going to work, the progress bars moves towards the right, then just before it finishes, I gather message??

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
ahopkins22LSV

As everyone knows, for some reason some photos upload upside down and I’ve found if you go to the photo on your phone, rotate it so it is upside down on your phone, save it, then go back in and rotate it so it is normal it will now upload here correctly. Annoying, I know, but we haven’t figured out why it is happening.

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

As everyone knows, for some reason some photos upload upside down and I’ve found if you go to the photo on your phone, rotate it so it is upside down on your phone, save it, then go back in and rotate it so it is normal it will now upload here correctly. Annoying, I know, but we haven’t figured out why it is happening.

I mean I'm just glad it wasn't user error. Ha.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, sadpanda03 said:

Ok I took a photo. Dont see a button to upload tho.

Read top post above. Need to become paid member (like 25/yr), or post a link to an alternative site where you can upload pictures 

• 10 months later...
9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

What device are you using to upload?

We’ve been seeing a few Android issues. 

iPhone 13 with 16.6 software. 

I even tried from a PC. Same issue. 

Edited by teamerickson
8 minutes ago, REHinH20 said:

The image on your post is backwards/mirrored...that what you are asking?

I copied it from @teamerickson profie image who's is also reversed. If it would of reversed for me, it would be in the correct orientation. 

But...is it reversed or upside down or both?

On 8/21/2023 at 12:44 PM, Ronnie said:

I copied it from @teamerickson profie image who's is also reversed. If it would of reversed for me, it would be in the correct orientation. 

But...is it reversed or upside down or both?

I found a work around! I went into my profile and saved the reversed/flipped pic. I then edited the pic in the correct orientation on my PC. Then when I added it back to my profile it stayed in the correct orientation. :dontknow: