Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

looking for a new trailer for my '06 V-Ride

Pkdude

So how long is a boat trailer supposed to last anyway? I was having a friend help me stabilize my trailer guides and notice the middle support beam for the rear bunks is split almost all the way through. Any crew'ers have good feedback on trailer shopping, prices, best quality, etc?

Thanks,

Mark

I feel your pain! I had to ante up for a new trailer for my 07 247. Cheaper than trying to fix when we couldn't tell how bad the frame was. Could have spent a grand blasting and shipping only to throw it out.

ended up having a brand new one built for these than half of a boat mate. Maybe not quite as sexy ... but ya know it's super functional. Custom built (templated) off the eagle trailer I had.

2 axle last year, my builder is reinforcing the front Y section and adding a 3rd axle no charge this spring. 

5" c-channel won't hold the water inside and hopefully won't rust out as bad. I also ended up going electric brakes. Much debate but stopping is definitely smoother! 

(Can't seem to add photos from iPhone but will when I'm at computer)

Edited by holden
  • 4 months later...

I bought a new LoadRite aluminum and galvanized trailer for about $4,300 including taxes. Could not more pleased with the look and feel of it. Trails very nice and I hope it lasts longer than I do. Thanks to Chessie Marine in Elkton, MD for hooking me up (literally).