Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for a Swim platform

Jdubb16

Well, picked up my boat from MLA after he upgraded all the audio and hard plumbed in two new rear ballast bags and a bow bag.  On the way home, we dropped it off at the detailer for a full service cleaning.  Picked her up today and she is looking and sounding great!  My wife and I drop her in the water to drive it to the boat house.  I get to the boat house and my wife asked if I had work done on the back of the boat because t looks different.  Well, it sure did look different, the swim platform was missing.  It was there on the ramp as I used it to get it and get her ready to go.  So it somehow was lost in the short ride to the boat house.  

I have a 2007 23 LSV and thplatfor was Regal Red.  Any idea what option I have to replace the platform.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Jdubb16

Looked for a short time, but we got hit we a bad storm and tornado warnings, so I could not look for very long.  Will try to go out and look again tomorrow

Find it?

On 4/22/2017 at 9:20 PM, Jdubb16 said:

Looked for a short time, but we got hit we a bad storm and tornado warnings, so I could not look for very long.  Will try to go out and look again tomorrow

Trying to find a fiberglass one if I can.  I have a couple leads, one a 2012 Vride platform form thfsctory.  My dealer is checking if it will work with my current transom brackets.

Teak will be my fall back, but not sure it will look as good on a LSV as it does on a Mulibu skier

What is lost shall be found. 

I would make a missing kitten flyer and drop it with your neighbors. It washed up on a neighbors property.  Most lake neighbors would be happy to return something like that. A 12 pack reward would be far cheaper than a new platform.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, HPetit said:

What is lost shall be found. 

I would make a missing kitten flyer and drop it with your neighbors. It washed up on a neighbors property.  Most lake neighbors would be happy to return something like that. A 12 pack reward would be far cheaper than a new platform.  

Great idea; post one at the local launch as well.  My buddy got some long lost barefoot shorts back from a neighbor a year after they blew off the dock!

On 4/22/2017 at 6:08 PM, oldjeep said:

Not to state the obvious but both fiberglass and teak platforms float.  Been out looking?

Pretty sure both Teak and Fiberglass platforms sink, even more so if they still have the mounting brackets attached to them.  

Teak logs will sink, appears that the lumber may or may not depends on the species and density.   I know that my platform will sink but it has a ladder attached to the bottom of it.  

Fiberglass, I have seen reports of others sinking....fairly dense and add the stainless mounting brackets.

Edited by blk93jeepzj
Corrected my statement.
51 minutes ago, blk93jeepzj said:

Pretty sure both Teak and Fiberglass platforms sink, even more so if they still have the mounting brackets attached to them.  

Pretty sure my fiberglass platform floats, at least for a while.  Had it pop off when anchored one time after the pin had fallen out.

Just now, oldjeep said:

Pretty sure my fiberglass platform floats, at least for a while.  Had it pop off when anchored one time after the pin had fallen out.

I corrected my original statement.  Guess depending on the traction mat on top may help it float.  

I have posted a message on the local Nextdoor app.  Did not have time to make flyers as it was pouring and I had to leave later that day.  Mine may or may not float with a ladder and the brackets attached.  

I sent an email to the one @thejean posted, thanks for that lead

got a couple other leads, including one from an 07 247 which would be perfects as it has the same mount brackets whereas as the new one from the factory would require me to swamp brackets and order a new set from Bakes for $500

tha is for all the help

@Jdubb16:  Bummer on losing the platform.  As a guess or perhaps considering probabilities, the platform might have come off when the boat was being backed in to the water as the transom would have been at it's lowest point and the lifting forces on it would be highest.  Perhaps that may offer some insight on maybe where to do some additional searching, if little current in that area, some extra looking around there.  If it does eventually sink, maybe you or you could find a willing diver to go on a scuba hunt.  Good luck scrounging for a replacement.  I did have the opportunity to dive w/ a metal detector for a certain 'shiny ring' that ended up in the lake, took a while but did find them.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE -. After searching for a while and a couple of leads, my dealer was able to work with Malibu to get me a new platform.  Since they don't have the mold for the 07 platform, they are sending one for a 2012 23' Ride which has the same transom shape as my 07 LSV.  Need to swap out transom brackets as the newer swim platform brackets will not mate up with the existing transom brackets.

all in all a $2500 mistake, but insurance covered it including labor ( even if I do it myself)

now I have to wait a couple weeks for them to make the platform.

• 6 years later...
On 5/11/2017 at 7:44 PM, Jdubb16 said:

UPDATE -. After searching for a while and a couple of leads, my dealer was able to work with Malibu to get me a new platform.  Since they don't have the mold for the 07 platform, they are sending one for a 2012 23' Ride which has the same transom shape as my 07 LSV.  Need to swap out transom brackets as the newer swim platform brackets will not mate up with the existing transom brackets.

all in all a $2500 mistake, but insurance covered it including labor ( even if I do it myself)

now I have to wait a couple weeks for them to make the platform.

I lost my platform on my 1998 VLX last year at the end of the season.  I'm not sure if it just "came off" or was stolen.  Either way, we need a new one.  Can you give me a contact that you spoke with to get one.  It looks like it's not something easy to find.