Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What color to powder-coat tower

AJwakedevil

I have a yellow and white 2004 vlx. Yellow titan 1 tower on it right now. 1st owner beat the poor boat to s*** and the tower needs some serious love. I ran across a deal to get my tower powder coated for $100 black or $150 any color.

Stick with yellow? Would black look good? There isnt really any black on the boat so it wouldnt match...but it would look sleek. 

If you cant see my boat well enough in my profile pic on the side just google yellow 2004 wakesetter

Looks like this one, but a white stripe where the black one on top is.

I think yellow would keep it standing out. Dont see a yellow tower very often. 

Matte, semi gloss, or gloss?

16 hours ago, h2oratJR said:

Yellow fades quick . Go for white 

I've seen yellow fade fast too. But maybe not in Minnesnowta?

I had mine done black again. But I wasn't trying to make a statement with it, just cover all the chips & scratches. And black was cheap. I think I paid $200 & it was done in a batch with 100 other items. Turned out great.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Lets see if THIS link to fb pic of the boat works.

Only thing I got right now at work... excuse the shirtless dood.

The boat is a '04 with original tower. Yellow doesnt look faded really... but does a new powdercoat fade more than original paint?

Interested to see what white matte would look like.... I think gloss yellow is a good option too? I like how it stands out. Matte black is the other option. Not sure how it would look since I dont have photo shop skillz

11 hours ago, formulaben said:

How about you post a picture of your boat and then we can Photoshop the different colors and then help decide?

2 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I'd go matte white!

1 hour ago, hunter77ah said:

My boat is yellow, white and black with a white tower.  Definitely go white!  Really makes the other colors pop!

2 hours ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

I've seen yellow fade fast too. But maybe not in Minnesnowta?