Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stereo Remote Control

dragon174

Sorry everyone, I am sure this has been asked an answered a million times, but 1. I'm new here and new to Malibu boats, 2. I have searched this forum and the net and can't find anything. 

The LCD screen on my stereo / remote doesn't work and I want to replace it.  Is there a compatible replacement that doesn't require a bunch of rewiring the stereo?

Stereo%20Remote_zps0vhtn6ob.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Odds are nothing currently offered will work, That looks like a JBL unit, which IIRC, was actually made by Prospec. You will likely be upgrading head unit and cables, in order to get back a functioning remote. Next question, ware there any traditional tuner features/functions that you use/want to retain? 

With a little fabrication, there are compact source units that offer tuner, USB and blue tooth. Might just remove that remote and go back with one of them in its place. http://www.kicker.com/kmc2

Edited by MLA

Link says its a re-furb, so it could very well be the same generation, if not the same unit, just a repaired unit. Call Prospec with your model number and ask them for sure. Good chance it will though.