Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Quad Axle Trailer

ahopkins22LSV

Just now, MLBurns said:

I wish I had a triple but would pass on a quad. Not sure what my tongue weight is but my 247 will squat most 3/4 ton trucks.

if it is squatting it either means your ball mount is way too high or the axles are in the wrong place.  

I had 1200 lbs. of tongue weight hauling some gravel last weekend with my dump trailer (weighed with weigh-safe hitch) and not much squat to speak of on my 3/4 ton GMC.  

Just now, jjackkrash said:

I had 1200 lbs. of tongue weight hauling some gravel last weekend with my dump trailer (weighed with weigh-safe hitch) and not much squat to speak of on my 3/4 ton GMC.  

my half ton 2wd takes 700 lbs to level it

We use these transporters at work; the centipede comment got me to thinking of them.  Can't wait to surf this new G killa!

Just noticed the trailer in the video is for a Centurion as well   

23881F98-922A-47F1-9D5C-566990102BC3_zps

Edited by hethj7

the rzr xp 1k4 has no issues backing the 23lsv in the water or pulling it out......wait I forgot I I sold it. That trailer is way overkill. Looks good but that's it!

That's the "going straight" trailer.

You load the boat on the tandem when you want to turn. DUH! 

It has to be a custom order ....suspect something Wizard Lake-ish . Centurions now come on Extreme trailers from the factory . The Extreme triples seem to be built to handle the behemoth nicely.

Not sure what the specs are , but if they are building those with standard 3200lb axles , you ideally WOULD need 4 of them to appropriately handle an RI257 loaded.

3 hours ago, oldjeep said:

why?  You can get 10-12k super single axles and tires.  I don't understand triples, a quad is ridiculous.

This is interesting and not the first time I asked why to myself.  My 14000 pound camper is dual axle.  I would love to hear the explanation which I am sure there has to be one but why not heavier axles.  Maybe they have diffs or something it said fully custom.  I don't even think an X-85 requires quad.  Unless some big Centurions are coming.

Edited by NHolladay

Bawshogg is right, wizard lake does seem to take everything to the extreme with colour and trailers... All of their G's are on triples. 

You can totally get a dual axle trailer that is capable of nearly anything but you certainly won't get the bling. This is most likely how they manage low pro tires and what not. 

Does this mean centurion is coming out with a bigger boat??:rockon:

if you are keeping the trailer low the extra axles will help you from dragging, on my 247 i drag my prop guard a lot and I drag the cross members in front of the axles heading to the boat ramp. i have already raised my trailer 2-3 inches when i first bought the boat

Ken

14 hours ago, oldjeep said:

if it is squatting it either means your ball mount is way too high or the axles are in the wrong place.  

I agree with @MLBurns. I've hauled a 247 on a tandem with a 3/4 ton and you could definitely tell there was some legit weight on the ball. I hauled a 25 LSV on a Tri and it felt significantly lighter on the tongue. Both Boatmate trailers. Of course, many other factors come into play, but I can see where he is coming from.

11 hours ago, Bawshogg said:

That's the "going straight" trailer.

You load the boat on the tandem when you want to turn. DUH! 

It has to be a custom order ....suspect something Wizard Lake-ish . Centurions now come on Extreme trailers from the factory . The Extreme triples seem to be built to handle the behemoth nicely.

Not sure what the specs are , but if they are building those with standard 3200lb axles , you ideally WOULD need 4 of them to appropriately handle an RI257 loaded.

@Bawshogg my 257 is coming on a Boatmate. Seems that Wizard ordered Boatmates for all of their Ri's. Seeing as the Tri's are standard with the 257's, I'm thinking the quad is going to become an option for the guy who wants the extra blingy trailer under his 257. I love the nice trailers, but a quad is overkill and is really going to be expensive to maintain for guys who are putting a lot of miles on.

10 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Bawshogg is right, wizard lake does seem to take everything to the extreme with colour and trailers... All of their G's are on triples. 

You can totally get a dual axle trailer that is capable of nearly anything but you certainly won't get the bling. This is most likely how they manage low pro tires and what not. 

Does this mean centurion is coming out with a bigger boat??:rockon:

I think you probably hit the nail on the head with them using more axles to allow them to stick with the lower profile tires under these heavier boats.

Edited by MaliWop
ahopkins22LSV
51 minutes ago, Falko said:

Air ride the center two axles and lift during tight maneuvering... 

That would be crazy. Wouldn't it be better to lift the front and rear though?