Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Removing circuit breaker panel

Marshall20

After research That turned up nothing I am counting on someone here to know this.  Trying to remove the circuit breaker panel next to the driver's seat in order to replace the ignition switch. 2012 MXZ. Removed the 6 panel screws but the panel will not budge. Seems that this should be simple but in a hard to get to/see area.  Is there something else holding this plate or does it just need some gentle nudging?

Any insight appreciated  

I just removed mine to change out breakers to 30A for reversible pumps. The panel is only held in by the six screws, nothing else. Mine was stuck to the vinyl and I had to pry it off with a surprising amount of force to get one edge separated. Then the large gauge power wire was routed such that it caught an inside edge too, making it still seem stuck. Once I pried it loose all the way around, I could tilt and slide the panel enough to see the wire and then move the panel in the direction needed to get it to come all the way out.

Not as bad as that long winded explanation made it sound....  

Edited by lonestar