Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 "wakesetter" logos

isellacuras

I have a 2012 VLX with the double sticker/decal "wake" [emblem] "setter" on the side of the boat. I had to do a small gel repair and had to pull off most of the "wake" on one side. I'm contemplating replacing the two "wake" logos (flat sticker and raised outlined decal) or if I should just replace both sides with the newer "wakesetter" decals. Does domed numbers make something like those or is that a dealer only sort of thing?  I'm not a fan of naked boats so I will be putting something on the side. 

Eeesh!  Not sure about that. Ships from Serbia?  I think it would be worth it to spend the extra coin to get oem or something from the reputable domed numbers. I think I'd rather have the kits that come on one sheet to help line the letters up properly too. Seems like you would be introducing a lot of margin for error by having individual letters. Icbw. Bummed that I missed the set in the classifieds. That woulda been perfect. In the unlikely event someone is selling another set, please let me know. 

7 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Eeesh!  Not sure about that. Ships from Serbia?  I think it would be worth it to spend the extra coin to get oem or something from the reputable domed numbers. I think I'd rather have the kits that come on one sheet to help line the letters up properly too. Seems like you would be introducing a lot of margin for error by having individual letters. Icbw. Bummed that I missed the set in the classifieds. That woulda been perfect. In the unlikely event someone is selling another set, please let me know. 

Did not realize it was from Serbia (wherever that is)...what about contacting Larson and just getting the new large Malibu logo that the 17's have?

ahopkins22LSV
12 minutes ago, Fman said:

Did not realize it was from Serbia (wherever that is)...what about contacting Larson and just getting the new large Malibu logo that the 17's have?

Or having them check to see if the plant has any extra sets. 

I took the "wakesetter" letters off my 2010, and had some made by a local graphics shop. I put MALIBU 247 on the side and the letters had flames inside of them. It looked really good and different from all the others.

Edited by bbattiste247

Domed numbers only makes the "inserts" for the new graphics.  They don't make the plastic / aluminum decals.  Everything they do is vinyl with poly resin over it.  They do make quality decals though. 

• 5 months later...

any updates on this?  I just ripped my transformer looking decals off this last weekend and want the 14-15 chromax wakesetter letters.  Another problem I noticed when I took those transformer looking decals off since they are a two part decal (one in the base sticker and there is a second part that is domed that overlays).  Something odd I noticed when I took off the stickers, the domed part seems to have left a light brownish tint in the Gelcoat.  I'm not talking about the fading of the gelcoat that didn't have the sticker (from the sun), I have no fading fortunately.  The domed part of sticker has made some light tint-ish look and if you look closely there is a highlight in the gelcoat that spells out "WakeSetter" with the shield.  Assuming I'm going to have to wetsand and 3 stage buff out process.  Either way, looking for the new graphics.  Maybe I just need to call Bakes at this point.  My friends own SierraSigns in PHX, AZ so maybe I will just call them and have them print me domed letters with that font for much cheaper than spending $1K+

The seller on ebay that sells them actually has an extremely good feedback score. For $200 I think it is a safe gamble if you are ok with waiting a little while for shipping. I plan to try them out if I end up with another vlx. 

Link?  I have not looked deep into solutions. I ordered the two piece "wake" stickers but haven't put them on yet. I would really like the newer one T wakeseter raised decals. They seem to be much more durable than the two part decals from 2010-2014ish

Edited by isellacuras