Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who got hurt this year and how bad?

JustinOSU

Doctor says I can't wakeboard again until December Cry.gif but on the upside my surfing has greatly improved this past month.Surfing.gif

Muscle torn on 6/7/06. I ruptured my pectoralis major tendon on a half-cab roll. This picture is 6 days after the rupture.

updated-bruise.jpg

This picture is two months later

IMG_3328.jpg

I just found out a few weeks ago that I have a herniated disc in my neck. I began having pain in my neck and numbness in my left arm and hand just after my 4th of July vacation. I believe it has been a long time in the making (old car wreck) but I think all the wakeboarding and the jumping of 8ft plus waves in the ocean that week put me over the edge! (had a blast though at least!)

Now I am trying to decide whether to go with surgery or to continue with the natural rehab deal. (have been doing some different things with the chiropractor) Has anyone out there ever been able to recover from something like this without surgery?

About 7 years ago I had one herniated and one bulged disc in my neck. I had numbness and loss of strength in my left arm and bad pain in my left shoulder. After the MRI, the surgeon said I needed to have surgery and wanted to do it the following week. I told him I wanted to try PT first. He told me I was wasting my time. After 3 weeks of cervical traction 3 times a week, the symptoms started going away. My necks not perfect now but, it probably wouldn't be with surgery either. Try all of the options before you go under the knife.